Bore scope,any one local north wales?.

Albert 888

OK I would like to have a peek down my barrel to see what its like as accuracy has gradually gone off a little, so if anyone has one or knows of anywhere that has one any info would be great thanks.

Don't know if it's of any use to you but you can get a 5mm illuminated usb borescope on ebay for around £20, or even cheaper if sent fron China.
Used it on all my rifles including 22lr and results are fairly good.

OK I would like to have a peek down my barrel to see what its like as accuracy has gradually gone off a little, so if anyone has one or knows of anywhere that has one any info would be great thanks.
You're asking for grief. I have NEVER in my years on this site read of anyone who took a rifle into a UK gunsmith for a 'scoping' who was not advised to scrap the barrel -which is nonsense.~Muir

Andy, Although we may be oversubscribed with the types you mention, there are also some very helpful & knowledgeable types about, such as Andy (Redmist), who will be offering scoping for members attending the shoot on Sunday, I will be interested to see how my old Finnbear is coping with the sustained fire role in the schiesskino's:).

I know it's not going to look great,but I want to have a look. I'm wanting to check my cleaning routine and also for any visible sighns of wear or erosion.
Finbear which shoot is on Sunday

Finbear I would love to come I know the area quite well,the only thing I don't have to hand is my fac as it's away for variation, I have photos of it or I could pick up a temporary one if needed.

You will have an unbiased view - your own, if you come along.

I dont do pressure sales or advertise, neither do I draw breath and start tutting.

Hi redmist, thanks to finbear I will be coming along. The rifle in question is and has always taken a lot of cleaning, and to me I feel its not as accurate as it was,I have seated the bullets out to max mag length and still no real joy.
I'm toying with the idea of rebarreling it into somthing a little different, when its is past it.
Cheers Albert.

Just got back from Greenfield /Skirden, to find the e-bay borescope in the mail, Sure, it's not a professional jobby,and it would certainly benefit from a white light output instead of what appears to be bluish, but I installed the set up disc, & shoved the camera down the old Finnbear .270 that Andy sent a pro job down last week, well impressed I is!!!, for what was eight quids in total, I could see the areas Andy had identified, although it might have been difficult to identify properly without his prior inspection, (due to the colour output), as I moved the plastic tubing through the bore I saw little tiny bits of carbon falling as if down a lift shaft,:D, although definition is nowhere near what is needed to satisfy a proper inspection it can be used for a general looksee & if you know what you are looking for you can identify areas that may need further investigation, copper deposition is easy to recognise & the view of the fire cracking in the throat was clear enough, also by rotation of the plastic tubing it gave a very clear view of the set back area of the barrel face in the breech area, 270 and T H being very crisp & clear, obviously no good for anything in smaller calibres due to the size of the little camera, but hey ho you can't have it all roads can you?;). Steve.

Back