Meindl Moderator

308rws

Team

I have to report that I think that I may have seriously lost the plot! In a desperate attempt to supress my squeeky meindl boots I soaked the laces in olive oil and re-laced them. The good news is that this ploy has cured my squeeky boots ... result! If you want your wife to really start to worry about you, I recommend you do the same.

308RWS

I'm disapointed.... I thought that this story was going to be about someone who had just shot themself in the foot and happened to notice how quiet it was! JC

I'm disapointed.... I thought that this story was going to be about someone who had just shot themself in the foot and happened to notice how quiet it was! JC

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Nice one JC :thumb:

Vasalene works on squeaky boots too.

ft

You wont stop it, ive had 3 pairs and they all do it, ive tried all manner of things...its a pain in the Harras!

You wont stop it, ive had 3 pairs and they all do it, ive tried all manner of things...its a pain in the Harras!

No way! I've used them for years and they never squeak.....nikwax galore, mind you and after every couple of outings.You sure it's not your knees?

Neatsfoot Oil - all my boots get the neatsfoot treatment. And they stay waterproof whereas wax just wears off.

+1 on neatsfoot oil - best leather treatment out there. I think there are better for waterproofing but not for the long life and suppleness of the leather. Although the non-pure stuff ('blend') with mineral oil can rot stitching.

And now I will try it as case lube!

Last edited:
Neatsfoot is not a good idea on boots lined with goretex (clogs the pores in the goretex).

Have been using ranapur on my boots for a few years now since the old type nikwax is no longer available, seems fine. Though I do get through a pair of Meindls every 16 months!

The reason you get through boots so fast is probably the heater in your truck drying the leather out Nightwalker! Welcome to the website mate, if we can teach you anything about deer just ask! JC

Hang on its Sunday, shouldn't you be keeping the tourists out the park fella??

Given up chasing mountain bikes off the moor for today!!

Hang on its Sunday, shouldn't you be keeping the tourists out the park fella??

Given up chasing mountain bikes off the moor for today!!

Get with the programme.... tourist have priority over deer, that the new way! Now I just ask the deer not to go out of the open gates and not to poo near the picnic areas!

I never manage to shoot myself in the foot quietly. It's always loud enough for someone to notice.:oops:

thanks for that, onto my 6th pair now and they all have that really anoying squeak i thought it was something to do with the sole:D

Back