Which Smock [Or] Another Smock thread!

Dave1973

I've been after a smock recently, and didnt want to spend Swazi Goretex money on it.
Mainly because I wanted something that would fully cover my behind, and the full length of the swanndri bush-shirt.

Thought about Nomads stealth smock....Still thinking about it.

Anyways Swedteam have just this very month, [or last month, July 2015] brought out a budget ultra light anorak/smock, made from their own 'tex' convertex. Which Ive just took a punt on, after examining my options.

[Swedteam also do the titan smock, goretex, which'll set you back a pretty penny. About £350ish]

The Swedteam Ultra Light Stalking Smock in Green. £154.95 from black island outfitters.

526.jpg

Swedteam Ultra Light Waterproof Smock/Anorak-Waterproof Breathable Covertex Membrane- A 3 Layer product- Wind Resistant- REDUCED NOISE for Stalking/Walking- Generous Front pkts- Hand Wrmers x 2-Zippers for greater ventilation- Front zipper to get off and on- Bino /glove pkt at front-Soft reduced noise matieral-Covers the Backside! Great new Stalking at a great price -Sizes 36"-50" Colour Olive GreenNB NOT available until July 2015
Price £154.95

Anyway, hope this one suits!​

Last edited:
You say you didn't want to spend swazi money on it but for the sake of another £50-70 I would have definitely gone for the swazi.... There's nothing that comes close.
Hope this one does you well, but having had numerous lesser smocks, I can say I never tried one than keeps you as dry and is as breathable as the swazi.

You say you didn't want to spend swazi money on it but for the sake of another £50-70 I would have definitely gone for the swazi.... There's nothing that comes close.
Hope this one does you well, but having had numerous lesser smocks, I can say I never tried one than keeps you as dry and is as breathable as the swazi.

No. I said I didnt want to spend swazi goretex money on it. You cant get a swazi goretex for another £50-£70.

I already have a swanndri bush-shirt, and will layer it under the swedteam.

Did you mean the nahanni?

Last edited:
There's a tahr on here for £200 in nearly new condition, and when I bought mine direct from NZ, it cost £227 this end....... So yes, you can. Hey often have sales, and if you're registered with them they give you vouchers for free shipping on your birthday too...

I've been after a smock recently, and didnt want to spend Swazi Goretex money on it.
Mainly because I wanted something that would fully cover my behind, and the full length of the swanndri bush-shirt.

Thought about Nomads stealth smock....Still thinking about it.

Anyways Swedteam have just this very month, [or last month, July 2015] brought out a budget ultra light anorak/smock, made from their own 'tex' convertex. Which Ive just took a punt on, after examining my options.

[Swedteam also do the titan smock, goretex, which'll set you back a pretty penny. About £350ish]

The Swedteam Ultra Light Stalking Smock in Green. £154.95 from black island outfitters.

526.jpg

Swedteam Ultra Light Waterproof Smock/Anorak-Waterproof Breathable Covertex Membrane- A 3 Layer product- Wind Resistant- REDUCED NOISE for Stalking/Walking- Generous Front pkts- Hand Wrmers x 2-Zippers for greater ventilation- Front zipper to get off and on- Bino /glove pkt at front-Soft reduced noise matieral-Covers the Backside! Great new Stalking at a great price -Sizes 36"-50" Colour Olive GreenNB NOT available until July 2015
Price £154.95

Anyway, hope this one suits!​

Doesn't look to be far off the Rivers West Hill Pro Smock - other than price.

http://www.swillingtonshootingsupplies.co.uk/store/product/11934/Rivers-West-Hill-Pro-Smock/

View attachment 59440

ive got a stoney creek long bush shirt, i think it was called, ive had it a few years and its seen some bad weather and its never let a drop in its not sweaty in warm weather either i cant rate it enough i dont know if they still do them but i got mine from bush wear for £120 if i remember rightly

If your not stalking dense cover Paramo is worth a look very comfortable to wear and most rain resistant clothing I have ever had- including Swazi and Nomad
downside is- it would easily tear on wire, blackthorn

Just got the new Sealand Eton smock - so far so good but miss the underarm zip vents like my Rivers West hill pro for warmer days. Nice pockets, good zips, light and well made but would have preferred a removable hood. Got a super deal from Ardmoor with money off special and free delivery. Nice deep green colour as not a fan of camo.

gone are the days of me buying expensive goretex products, seriously not worth the money, every product I've ever owned leaks and makes you sweat like heck when you're climbing hills or out in the spring/summer/early autumn. Still, I did recently get prohunter trousers, and of course, leak completely on one leg within having been worn 10 times..can't even be bothered to take them back, the last one's I had I ripped the goretex lining out of and used them as summer trousers instead..once these are gone I'll not be buying goretex based products again, rather have decent quality loden or tweed.

I have one of these Bushshirt - Kiwikit Ltd . Not quite a smock but close. Made in NZ. Love mine. They state that they are waterproof bar seams but I have not got wet in mine yet despite being out in some pretty wet weather. Ideal for stalking particularly if you don't want look like a wally in camo. I also have their Stormforce Parka and bib and brace. They are totally waterproof. Probably a bit noisy for stalking but ideal for sitting in a wet high seat. Went out pheasant shooting in some horrendous North Devon weather, out of a team of twelve wearing Barbour, Aigle, Deerstalker, Seeland I was the only one who stayed dry. Top notch kit.

I had a Swazi before they went to crazy money but I found it too hot and sweaty for stalking, I have a paramo halcon jacket now which is great although the fabric could be tougher.

As someone who works outside in all weathers I have tried a lot of smocks and jackets, and have ended up going for layers instead of the one do,s all, at the moment I use a stoney creek pack smock,it is proving to be very tough, three months of constant use in upto 40 mm of rain a day, going through thorns on citrus, sharp sticks etc it is holding up well, layered with fleece under garments works well, and if it stops raining it packs into its own pocket.

My very thoughts on Swazi - I have used my paramo for walking football and work, will be used to stalk - beat and hunt in this season, great jackets

Back