Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen KZN185 - 3Ltr Intercooler Hilux Surf.

3rd Gen KZN185 - 3Ltr Intercooler Hilux Surf.

It looks like I may have to part with my second Hilux. I intended on keeping this for a while after trading up from my Gen 2. In summary: 1998 Gen 3 SSRG with Intercooler, 126,300 miles (203,000KMs showing on the speedo). Electric sunroof, windows, mirrors and reverse parking mirror from the rear spoiler and rear window. A/C, high and low ratio work perfectly. BFG A/Ts with less than 350miles on them. Tow Equipe tow bar and electrics fitted by me in May so it's only ever pulled our tiny camping trailer. Full oil and filter service April 2015. Cambelt changed March '15. Tinted windows and Thule roof bars. Hornet Maxx 1 Alarm and remote central locking.

I have waxoyled underneath since having it. MOT until March 2016 and receipts going back to 2009 for the servicing.

Minor bad points: slight surface rust on some areas of the chassis but most has been treated and certainly nothing significant. I'm part way through removing the Surf stickers down the sides - only got to the front doors so far and they could benefit with a dab of T-cut which I should get round to.

It drives brilliantly and the Intercooled 3ltr is noticeably stronger than my previous Surf on the road, it will sit at 70 (+?!) on the motorway.

Gutted to be have to be thinking about moving it on, but it looks like work is conspiring against me.

Given the state, which is great, I'm looking for 3750. Located south of Salisbury, Dorset.

Thanks for looking.

Hi, is there any chance of a few more pics of the rear load area, interior, especially drivers seat, dash and engine bay, if you could mail them to that would be appreciated. Just a thought, are you ever in the Chichester area any time? many thanks John.

Photos sent to those that have asked for them. When I get back to a computer at the end of the week I'll upload them to this.Cheers.

A few more that were asked for - there was no time to prepare it so what you see is what you get. Front seats are always covered but I removed for the sake of the photos. Cheers.

Thanks for sending the pics, alas the people who wanted my motor did not turn up at the weekend as they said they would, not even a phone call to say they had lost interest, I would have liked to have checked your surf over and had a deal with you, I still will if I can sell my car, thanks again and good luck. John,

Thanks for letting me know.

Used on Saturday for my first outing of this season (great evening to be out) so mileage is creeping at 126,760 miles. Could do with this moving off the drive, as space is tight, so sensible offers will be considered!