hunting in the uk

nzhunter

Hi everyone,
ive just found this site and have been looking around and its great.
was just wondering if any one could point me in the right direction of getting out for a hunt over here um a kiwi as you probably noticed :lol: and im over here doing some travelling etc... i do alot of hunting back home and am starting miss it a bit.. also was wondering how much it cost etc?? where to go ill try post a few pics from back home for you to look at. when i figure out to do it. ;)

hi nzhunter,
which area are you in now?
and which island were you from north or south as i hav a mate that emmigrated to south island and loves it there gets more hunting than you can shake a stick at

hi stone, in manchester at the moment. from upper hutt just north of wellington been here for a year or so now, yeah its nice down there got down when i get the chance maybe once or twice a year but theres plenty around home so dont need to travel to far. just trying t post some photos now.

bensnz012.jpg
mate with a red we got back in jan when i was home for a hol.

nz186.jpg
south island

nz070.jpg
scrubby red from down south

nz091.jpg
north island red

nz127.jpg
south island shot on the way for hunt

now you realy are taking the p155
nice pics mate how far did you hav to carry the boar?
now i am going to be cheeky and prey on your newness any chance you hav you hav a few copies of ' pig hunter magazines' latest ones that is

:lol: that pig was bout 2 hours was pretty knacked after that!! was with a few mates that hunt and we ended up with 3 that afternoon, um i have the jan/feb one here some where and a few of the deer hunting mags floating around that i bought back with me some where to.. where abouts are you stone ill see if can send them for you to have a look at.

hi
i am in coventry, by the NEC if you pm me some details i can ring you and see if we can sort something out
many thanks
stone
ps i know manchester is a big place but what part are you in as i know the area quite well

Hi there NZHunter
I am thinking of going to NZ to visit my non hunting cousin have another mate also who is a native Kiwi we fancy doing a bit of hunting but neither of us know much about seasons etc are they way different to UK wondered as with winter summer times are opposite to here aren't they?

Hi legaleagle69,
cool mate where abouts are you looking at going? yeah the seasons are all different the roar is prob just starting back home at the moment and should go for 3weeks or so.. may/june/july some times august :lol: are our winter months sept/oct/nov spring dec/jan/feb summer.

My cousin and my mate are both from Aukland area, Simon lived in NZ until early twenties but now lives UK and has done for many years now so lost touch with many old contacts He goes home most years so has a few limited contacts and is trying to sort us a few outings.
But we have nothing solid but a few folk are looking already to see how we need to go on ie borrow a couple of rifles or ship mine.. have you any advice?
We are fancying doing a camping trip doing some fishing hunting boys own type adventure for two middle aged peter pans 8)

legalbeagle69 your best bet is to contact the airline you would be flying with and the nz police about taking your firearms with you im not 100% sure but i think its ok to do so. as for borrowing rifles um sure either as long as some one in your party had a nz firearms liesence i dont think it would be and issue. theres lots of areas where you can do what your looking for and most is free you just need to pick up a permit for the area you intend hunt and you may have to pay $5-10 a night hut fees depending on where you stay.

Wow ..$5-10 sounds a bargain so we can just get a permit for the area and get of on the trail sounds to god to be true 8)

I will get simes mate to check it out and his uncle is an ex cop so should be easy to check the firearms side out..
cheers for the help mate much appreciated

calm down leagle you will fall of the sofa in a minute ,
if you do ever plan to do NZ them you also need to look at aussie land (sorry nz) but they hav some great buff hunting at cheap prices to if you get the right contacts
stone

yeah most d.o.c land (public land) ask that you pay hut fees for maintance etc.. but yeah you have the idea you can hunt doc land as long as you have a permit which you can have sent via e-mail or go into a local office and they will issue you one.. if you do end up going down let me no i will be back next year and i can point to in the direction with what animals where and some places worth having a look.. and yeah stone is right there is some good hunting in oz but to many snakes and stuff for my liking.. :lol:

Already jumped of the sofa stone.. been hitting the world wide web hard and hassling the mates and relations in the antipodes :lol:
Simon's mum is Aussie land on the goldcoast his step dad has a couple of rifles and will lend us one :lol:

Got the girlfriend onside with the trip.. one drawback is I have had t agree to tie the knot on some tropical beach :evil: but got to be worth it to hve a hunting honeymoon ..lol lots :D

bloody hell leagle
this is a hunting trip not marriage guidance but you could try bondi beach then dinner on the sydney harbour bridge beats going to the tropics with out a gun :lol:
i hear there are some big reds on south island but believe north island has the better terrian and makes for some quality hunting

stone

Legaleagle

I have hunted in NZ, and am going again latter this year, if you want to take your rifle to NZ then really you need to fly via L.A. in America with N.Z. airlines. If you try and fly with any of the airlines that go though the Far East then things get more complicated or impossible depending on exactly which Airline you use.

Once you land in NZ you go to customs and explain you have your firearms with you and show them your FAC, they will then for $25 NZ give you a visitors firearms permit that will allow you to buy ammo ect as per your normal UK FAC.

Hi NZhunter I think we have “spoken” before hope you are well.

Best rgds

Thar

Cheers Thar never thought of the implications of going via Thailand or wherever.. I must admit didn't even know you can fly via LA to NZ as have a few mates there so could be a good option..

Stone Bondi beach :lol: man thiss trip gets better by the minute me surf board will have to have a dusting off as well then..lol

I have sort of been skirting around the whole wedding issue quite nicely for the last 20 years but now as she is looking down the barrel of the big four oh the excuses are wearing damn thin and might as well combine it with a trip to remember than using the hard earned to feed a load of folk I never see and don't particularly like a half rate carvery ..
The promise of a real Stag do, or two :lol:
few mates on some distant shores, shrimps on the bar b and couple of beers on the beach will do me.. 8) not sure if this is quite what she has in mind tho ...lol

Back