L200, Hilux or Nissan navara?

J o h n

Hi

thinking of changing truck to either L200, Hilux or Navara. Would be 2006/7 onwards up to around £7500.

Quite like the L200 but have read some mixed reviews on them, as with the other two I mention.

any recommendations or ones to avoid would be appreciated.

thanks in advance John

Last edited:
Get the pop corn out

L200 for that sort of cash don't think you'll get a decent hilux of that age for that sort of money might be wrong the hilux seems to hold strong money .
your asking something along the lines of SAKO TIKKA BLASER
norma

Hi

thinking of changing truck to either L200, Hilux or Navara. Would be 2006/7 onwards up to around £7500.

Quite like the L200 but have read some mixed reviews on them, as with the other two I mention.

any recommendations or ones to avoid would be appreciated.

thanks in advance John

My 58 rc ranger had 36k on it and was 56+ the vat....drives nice, found a truckman for £100 (not the best but works ok)
Seat belts are pants but the rest is all good...grease points on the prop so a good excuse to crawl under and check things over....

Tim.243

If your doing a lot off serious off-road then Hi-Lux, if more road work as well as off-road then I would go for the L200. Not got any comment on the Navara, Wouldn't get one myself.

M

Only ever driven the Navara once. That was across the Chobe to help someone who had discovered both the diff lock and the four wheel drive had failed. Not the best place to this to happen. Wasn't very keen on it to be honest but at 100kph plus across a sand track it was entertaining to say the very least. Scrumbag of this site got the Hilux and it was a completely different animal.

David.

I tried all 3 and found the Hilux to be best for what I needed, looked at loads of them before I found the right one, make sure you check the chassis is straight and has no repairs I saw quite a few that I think had been used as tanks, looked good body wise but underneath were battered. Eventually found a 12 plate twin cab, fsh one owner 70000 on it and just had the belt done, drove it away for 8k, had it a month now and it has been great, done a round trip to Bath from Stockport with 1 stop and then went to Penrith next day with a ton of wheat in the back right up on to the fells drove around the shoot for a while, dry farmland, boggy areas and steep farm tracks it just took it all in its stride. All the best with your choice.

Scoby 270

images

Hilux+1

Just note their clutches are known to be 'soft' if you do a lot of serious towing
TOMSK

Cheers for the feedback, any one had experience with the hilux and a auto box?

My brother has driven both the 2.5 manual and the 3.0 auto and he did not rate the auto. He said it was sluggish and irritating on the road but the auto was easier off road when in really tricky slow stuff and constant stop/start scenarios.

Cheers for the feedback, any one had experience with the hilux and a auto box?

Yes I have the Hilux 3.0 in auto drives very well in my opinion , much easy for me than the manual when on motorways and off road. Although I haven't owned a manual Hilux I had a Ford Ranger in manual.

Yes I have the Hilux 3.0 in auto drives very well in my opinion , much easy for me than the manual when on motorways and off road. Although I haven't owned a manual Hilux I had a Ford Ranger in manual.

Your getting bloody old mate if needing a automatic. Need to get you up some cumbrian and Scottish fells.

Your getting bloody old mate if needing a automatic. Need to get you up some cumbrian and Scottish fells.

Haha , true , however not changing gear is one less thing to think about while I'm driving on the motorway looking at fields for deer ;)

Back