Which american companys will ship stocks to the uk

Anyone bought a stock in America and had it shipped ?

Did this work out ok for you

Cheers

Yes. Richards Microfit and Darrell Holland stocks. However Darrell Holland don't export any more, they are my stock of choice. The Richards Microfit stock required a lot of work to finish the stock off. Manners don't ship to consumers and only ship intermittently to their appointed agents.

Regards JCS

Anyone know if Boyds do one for the long action tikka m690's
If it's not listed in the drop down menu you can email a request form and if they get enough interest they will supply them. They only started the T3 stock last year or so after people kept requesting it.

Just ordered a Boyds last week, its been sent using USPS and I can track it. Ordered 21st, posted 22nd, left USA 23rd, in London Heathrow on 24th. Customs on 27th, cleared customs today 28th. Hopefully it will be delivered in the next few days. Cost $99, postage about $70 and my credit card was debited £114.
No phone calls from customs so hopefully no additional tax to pay.

Just ordered a Boyds last week, its been sent using USPS and I can track it. Ordered 21st, posted 22nd, left USA 23rd, in London Heathrow on 24th. Customs on 27th, cleared customs today 28th. Hopefully it will be delivered in the next few days. Cost $99, postage about $70 and my credit card was debited £114.
they don't call you, the carrier will charge you before delivery.

As kennyc has stated, you will get a card through the post telling you how much you owe and how to pay online etc. After paying it then gets delivered to you.

In the not to distant past, there was good chance of not getting further charges. Its all changed now as the UK Goverment invested a few million on a receiving centre where nearly all postal shipping from abroad is sent and processed. They obviously could see that the internet selling from abroad was rather lucrative if they tapped into the duty that was due to them on the goods.

It matters not a jot if the old tactic of getting the seller to mark the item as a gift as they still charge.

Expect to pay in the region of £30 which will include the handling charge.

Its still a good price compared to buying the equivalent here in the UK though

Cheers for the info. I expected to get hit for some form of tax but thought I may have got away with it. Its a long time since I bought from the states.

Yes. Richards Microfit and Darrell Holland stocks. However Darrell Holland don't export any more, they are my stock of choice. The Richards Microfit stock required a lot of work to finish the stock off. Manners don't ship to consumers and only ship intermittently to their appointed agents.

Regards JCS

JCS, have you ordered from Richards Microfit recently? I only ask as I've been trying to track someone down who'd produce a stock for a Sako m591 and Richards seemed to be the only people I could find who offered I letting for that action "off the shelf",however on contacting them some 6 months back I got an email back saying they wouldn't ship to the uk. I was wondering if you'd had more luck with them.

JCS, have you ordered from Richards Microfit recently? I only ask as I've been trying to track someone down who'd produce a stock for a Sako m591 and Richards seemed to be the only people I could find who offered I letting for that action "off the shelf",however on contacting them some 6 months back I got an email back saying they wouldn't ship to the uk. I was wondering if you'd had more luck with them.

No. The Richards Microfit was my first attempt at a thumbhole stock as per my Avatar. I ordered it in Feb 2004. Clearly rules and regs have evolved since then. Regards JCS

No. The Richards Microfit was my first attempt at a thumbhole stock as per my Avatar. I ordered it in Feb 2004. Clearly rules and regs have evolved since then. Regards JCS

Bugger! I was hoping that things may have change since I contacted them. Thanks for getting back to me.

Finally collected the Boyds stock from the post office, as Kenny and Bob mentioned I did get hit with the handling fees and tax(£27). Total I paid altogether was about £145 sterling.
As kennyc has stated, you will get a card through the post telling you how much you owe and how to pay online etc. After paying it then gets delivered to you.

In the not to distant past, there was good chance of not getting further charges. Its all changed now as the UK Goverment invested a few million on a receiving centre where nearly all postal shipping from abroad is sent and processed. They obviously could see that the internet selling from abroad was rather lucrative if they tapped into the duty that was due to them on the goods.

It matters not a jot if the old tactic of getting the seller to mark the item as a gift as they still charge.

Expect to pay in the region of £30 which will include the handling charge.

Its still a good price compared to buying the equivalent here in the UK though

McMillan Stocks will ship here but you now have to have an export license to comply with ITAR which costs $250 they can help arrange the license

Back