Photos from my past....

enfieldspares

Oh gosh! I found this on the internet yesterday! Someone sent me the place to look for it. I would have been a few months around eighteen years old and thought that becoming fifty years old, sixty years old was an age far, far, far, away in the distant future. In 1976 even the year 2000 was farther distant from me, in years, than was my birth year. Time stand still for no one. Happy August!

View attachment 59621

Thanks. That is a very cool photo, I like it much. Looks like you all were having great fun!

Mental note: Must remember to have more fun.

Cheers Sharkey

Crikey!

Looking at that photo reminds me of the Spike Milligan book (IIRC it was either "Adolf Hitler, My Part in His Downfall" or "Rommel, Gunner Who?") where he has a cartoon of the different ways that Army uniforms were designed (not) to fit the average soldier ;)

Crikey!

Looking at that photo reminds me of the Spike Milligan book (IIRC it was either "Adolf Hitler, My Part in His Downfall" or "Rommel, Gunner Who?") where he has a cartoon of the different ways that Army uniforms were designed (not) to fit the average soldier ;)

And the picture in one of his books entitled 'British Soldier with an incredible weapon'.

very baity some gay looking chaps there :D so i'll stick one up lol 1970's me steeling my sgt's brew on a range in essex we just stole some of other guys crap hats ,pal refused to put a R/Anglian beret on said it would stain his head he never did lol top pals long since lost .
View attachment 59628

Oh gosh! I found this on the internet yesterday! Someone sent me the place to look for it. I would have been a few months around eighteen years old and thought that becoming fifty years old, sixty years old was an age far, far, far, away in the distant future. In 1976 even the year 2000 was farther distant from me, in years, than was my birth year. Time stand still for no one. Happy August!

View attachment 59621

Goodness me - children with firearms. Quick, somebody should tell the GCN - we must put a stop to this instantly!

The thing that strikes me most about that picture was that when I joined the CCF in 1994, we were still being issued with the exact same kit. Bloody puttees!!

Enfieldspares
where is he? I am back row, fourth from the left, cwith left arm leaning on my fellow team member's shoulder.

My wife has just seen the picture. She recognised me too. And delights in telling me it was taken more than two years before she was born.

Last edited:
Here is one of the earliest of me stalking........ 1989. I have some earlier ones but I have not scanned them yet!!

malcolm029.jpg

Taken near Kingussie south of Inverness September 1989. I shot 3 red Stags in 4 hours with a 243 and 100g bullets.
Note BA cammo as there was not much realtree clothing around then :D

This year will be my 30th year stalking Scotland without fail :D

Back