Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the best place for hunting Big sika stags

Where is the best place for hunting Big sika stags

Can ANYONE guide me In the direction to where In the UK I Can find the biggest sika stags available.??? And ofcourse free range.

And WHO Can offer the stalking??

From what I have seen, New Zealand would be the place I would go for free range monster sika.

that being said, I thought my experiences in the old Caledonian forest of the highlands was out of this world.

Dorset/new forest is the best bet, several stalkers on here no doubt will have access. There are excellent sika in this area but very little commercial stalking.

Wicklow mountains, or jelen might have some in the new forest.

Wicklow - John Fenton
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    Wicklow - John Fenton
    Mr Sika himself +1 for Wicklow mountains

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

No doubt they do get some big Sika in the West Country and big prices as well I would think.

However if you want a true hunting experience you cannot beat the Scottish Highlands. My area is 8000 acres with 800 acres of old Caledonian Forest that was never cut down. You can have a true hunt and take the biggest stag/s for no extra trophy fees as it is true stalking.

Below are a few heads taken off the ground over the years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img Sika 06003.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	673.4 KB 
ID:	59653Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gregg sika031.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	59654Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gregg sika038.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	476.3 KB 
ID:	59655Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finnish scotland pictures 2012 281.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	487.1 KB 
ID:	59656

PM me your details if you are interested. However I am fully booked for this year, but do have limited space for 2016.

All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Wicklow- but I am biased...

I'd agree with SikaMalc, for the greatest experience sika in the Scottish Highlands are unrivalled in my opinion. The Scottish Borders for slightly less dramatic scenery and slightly bigger stags - a guide with a very good reputation is Jamross65 on this site.

In Dorset one reputable commercial stalker is Paul Taylor, his email is he can mount a trophy for you also as is a taxidermist. This is a picture of a stag I took on another piece of ground in Dorset near Wareham. He was the 'poorest' head in a herd of six stags!

When I worked for the Forestry Commission in the New Forest (who don't let accompanied stalking there) Beaulieu estate always held good quality stags and let a few. I think Jelen might now be involved with that ground.

(I don't have any commercial link to any of the above and haven't stalked with them but have had friends who have more than once.)

Last edited by NickJ; 30-07-2015 at 14:39.