Bolt Extension

Chris Rob

Just fitted a bolt extension to my Tikka T3, it comes with a threaded adaptor that you simply drive into the hole in the bolt knob & then the extension screws in. I used some thread loc for added security.

It works very well & gives a great feel to the bolt, I imagine it will come into its own when wearing gloves during a cold nights foxing.

Available to fit CZ's with the hole already in the bolt knob plus they can drill, tap & fit to any other bolt to order.

Will be getting one for the .17HMR shortly.

Cheers

Chris

http://www.ab-tactical.com/BOLT EXTENSIONS.htm

15042010333.jpg

15042010336.jpg

15042010346.jpg

:eek: just goes to show you that I know nothing :oops:.

Looks like I had better clean down the ole Ward Capstan and starting turning out great ugly lumps of alloy and stainless for folks to stick on their rifles. Hmmm lets see I doubt there is enough call to warrant making up a form tool for the grooves so one groove at a time for say Six grooves will take less than a minute, de-burr each groove a few seconds each, form the raduis and part off. Spigot and thread will be a 2nd op Hmmmm I think it should take about 5 minutes all in Once set up.

Metal Black do an alloy blacking kit better check with them the requirements and costs ;) and also have a shuffty round to see what anodising costs.

I understand some shooters needs for bolt extensions, but I would baulk at this one with all those grooves, they are begging for stuff to get caught up in them,better some quality deep knurling.

Hmmm yes I believe your right and I do believe we have some knurls. Need to check on that and make sure they are functional still. Some of the stuff has not been used in years.

I find having a larger knob quite handy :D.

Following a tip on this site from some time back, I made a heavy investment in a couple of rubber ferrules for walking sticks - 50p. Heat up in hot water, push fit over bolt knob, allow to cool and then shape scope clearance with sharp knife. Not particularly aesthetic, but it does the job for me.

I find having a larger knob quite handy :D.

Following a tip on this site from some time back, I made a heavy investment in a couple of rubber ferrules for walking sticks - 50p. Heat up in hot water, push fit over bolt knob, allow to cool and then shape scope clearance with sharp knife. Not particularly aesthetic, but it does the job for me.
Makes a certain amount of sense when a lot of stalking can be in the rain!

Back