swillingtons

Calvin

Over the past couple of weeks I have had 2 dealings with this company... none hage been fanrastic.
Has any ond else had problems.
1 gun related... 1 enquiry and quote.. !!!! Gun should never of been sold.
And quotation and enquiry over phone... not responded to or quoted for...

So if any one can quote for A 300 Win Mag. For A blaser R93 Fluted. A large bolt face. And Mounts then please private message me.

None at all.. Chris and the guys at Swillington have always been fantastic to deal with.. Have dealt with them for years.

i have bought a rifle from them and a spare barrel, my only complaint is when you go to collect be prepared to wait!

i also made a good attempt to buy a zeiss v8 but they were having none of it.:D

i would be happy to shop there again.

Last edited:
Bought my R8 pro from Chris,
came away with everything I wanted great service..
will be driving two hours again for my next purchases...!
sorry to hear your bad experance..

Speak to Clinton at Dauntsey Guns - they'll get you what you want in no time :thumb:
strangely I couldn't force money into his hands when I was looking to buy a rifle, ended up getting one from another dealer 100 miles away?

None at all always had the best deals from them to the point I have had reductions buy going to the main agent's at shows then getting a deal and then being taken to there stand and paying the price saving me a few £££, lads have been very helpful any probs i'v had like I got a scope one of the cheap Zeiss it had a fault when holding zero they just sent me one out before they had received the defective one :D

I've dealt with Chris a number of times with initial purchase of a rifle and accessories and repair/replacement of faulty items. He has been very helpful and I can't fault their service. I think they suffer from being so popular. I can imagine they are very busy.

My experience with Chris at Swiilingtons has also been very good. When I picked up my R8 he took the time to fit the mounts and scope, being almost obsessive about getting it perfectly aligned. Knowing that I was heading straight up to Scotland and had the chance of an evening stalk, he even made time to take me out to to zero the rifle before I left. All in all, I was there for nearly four hours getting everything sorted out and having a good chat about stalking. My experience couldn't have been any better.

Chris and the rest of the guys at Swillington always seem to be very busy so I'd recommend trying to get hold of him on the phone if you can

Had mixed experiences with them. Bought a rifle, great. Bought ammo, not so great. Sold me two boxes of some body's homeloads ! Have found that it just depends on what side of bed he gets out on. Same could probably be said of many of us though.

I've only had one dealing with Swilingtons for a Tikka T3 308, they had them in cheaper than anywhere else i tried. I drove up from suffolk and apart from actually finding the shop I had no problems with them, I was in and out of the shop and driving back to suffolk in under 20 mins.

I have found SSS to be very helpful and accommodating and have bought a rifle from them with no fuss. They held on to it for me for over four months too whilst FET sorted out some truly superb admin errors! Always answered the phone and always phoned back or left a message to keep me posted on progress.
We can all have bad days, but would put them amongst the best I have dealt with - and I shop around the country.

Always be good had a fair bit from them with them been on the door step but I have seen another post before saying similar

Phoned around various rfds for a browning A bolt in 308, swilling tons had one in. "Is it M14 x 1 threaded " " yes sir". " has it got the spare mag" " yes sir". SO OF I POP ON THE 60 mile journey to Leeds,

i arrive etc etc, no spare mag and threaded for the boss USA muzzle brake malarkey (not M14 X1)and no scope mount bits to attach mounts to rifle!!!! After a few choice words they sorted me out the missing (usually in the box items) and gave me a good discount for not being threaded as all my other A bolts were,

was the problem resolved???? Sort of???

would I use them again???

no not at all, not after the 2 telephone conversations I had prior to going picking the rifle up,

i could have walked out the door, but the discount he gave me was fine so I can live with that,

they need to to sort out there communication issues out , as a first time customer they were not the best,

atb

kjf

Back