So I have just obtained my 1st permission purely by chance (right place right time). I was at the rugby club having a drink and overheard the grounds men moaning about the pitch damage caused by all the rabbits that frequent the land. I cornered him 10 minutes later and said I am interested in helping him out with his rabbit problem, long story short I now have some land to shoot on about 15 acres, but baby steps and all that. The police still need to clear the land but hopefully that won't be an issue.
So I have been doing a lot of 'you tubing' and reading of forums to educate myself in all things rabbit hunting. a couple of questions have popped up that I haven't really found answers for.
1. should I gut the rabbits on the land and dispose of the guts in a bush or take everything away with me?
2. how should I store the rabbits? can I just hang them in the garage and skin and butcher them the next day/evening. or should they be refrigerated straight away?
3. As I'm waiting for my variation to come back I thought I'd have a few trips to the land to see what's happening at different times. is there anything I should look out for apart from the obvious (rabbits)?
4. most shots will be within 100yards will a 3-12x50 optic be ok and should I get one with AO?
5. rifle choice will be a 2nd hand CZ or Anschutz bolt action with mod depending on what's available on here in the next couple of weeks.
any advice would be much appreciated