New guy from Oregon USA

A Guy Out West

Been a big game hunter for 40 plus years. Really enjoy hand loading and learning from others. After trolling your site, it is obvious that there some really experienced posters here. I hope I can add something of value. 30/06 is my favorite, although .270 Win and 7/08 Rem are pretty fun to work with too. Been on a couple of guided hunts but mostly it is just me and friends. We are lucky in that we have millions of acres of public land to hunt on for just the price of a license. Delighted to have stumbled on you sight, would enjoy hearing from y'all. I would be happy to answer questions, possibly arrange a mutual hunt with sportsmen?? Always wanted to hunt in Scotland.
A Guy Out West

Welcome! You are very fortunate to live in such a wonderful part of the USA. I have always wanted to go there for the blacktail hunting and salmon fishing

Welcome to the site. You be careful if you get out in Scotland the midges and haggis make your little brown bears look like teddy's. Ferocious things they are.

Been a big game hunter for 40 plus years. Really enjoy hand loading and learning from others. After trolling your site, it is obvious that there some really experienced posters here. I hope I can add something of value. 30/06 is my favorite, although .270 Win and 7/08 Rem are pretty fun to work with too. Been on a couple of guided hunts but mostly it is just me and friends. We are lucky in that we have millions of acres of public land to hunt on for just the price of a license. Delighted to have stumbled on you sight, would enjoy hearing from y'all. I would be happy to answer questions, possibly arrange a mutual hunt with sportsmen?? Always wanted to hunt in Scotland.
A Guy Out West

Saw this recently and immediately wanted to visit. Absolutely stunning. You are indeed very lucky. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...or_n_5589314.html?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

Welcome to the site, its easy to arrange deer stalking in Scotland lot of guys on here will happily sell you a few days stalking and if you post when you are coming over you might even get an invite out for some free rough shooting
Cheers
Ray

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Yes, Oregon is one of the most beautiful states in the US, perhaps the most beautiful. People say that Western OR. is a lot like the UK with some snow capped mountains thrown in.

Steelhead... the best thing that swims. I live about 90 minutes from one of the best Steelhead rivers in the NW., the Deschutes. The big summer run is about to begin in 2 or 3 weeks. Favorite fly is a #2 General Practitioner, orange & black.

Howa,
I have been to most of those places, if not all. The entire coast from Washington to California looks like that. Lots of elk, blacktails, and bear in the coast range. The terra is quite rough though. I have sworn it off as the hunting is too hard for a 54 year old. Private property might be ok, but the public lands are very rough.

Welcome to the SD...:) You will have a good time here.....I've been to Oregon, Portland actually, had a wee drive up from San Diego one weekend while we were over visiting family in Cali.....lol....:) Gorgeous country, friendly people, and looks almost like round about Dunkeld in Scotland, except for the 4 lane road, ours are only two lane...... I fished for trout below Mt Shasta on the trip, but caught nothing.....:)

Anyway, have a good time here, and if yer ever in Scotland, gimme a shout....:)

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Yes, Oregon is one of the most beautiful states in the US, perhaps the most beautiful. People say that Western OR. is a lot like the UK with some snow capped mountains thrown in.

Thanks Norrie1956. We bought our dog South of Shasta in the olive country. I had no idea they grew so many olives there. So, so dry there in the summer, it's like being in a tinder box.

Back