New Permission Today!

Hereford

Another new permission today! Squirrel reduction and control at a local forest bushcraft school! :D

I'll take anything and as a friend of the owners I couldn't really say no - to say the least, saturation point has been reached and trees are getting damaged so the HW100 and mossy oak will come out to play on Sunday morning!

Best sport in the world, do you have a caller, remember look through the trees not at them.

Excellent news, get them grey numbers down mate. Will help re astablish our native reds,

atb

kjf

Evening Taff - what caller would you recommend?

I have used two 50p pieces to great effect. You hold one cupped in the palm of your hand then tap it with the edge of the other one to make a chattering sound. Only trouble is you need both hands to do it so there is inevitably a bit of movement when you go for your gun.

I think that I may have a proper caller somewhere too.

I have primos, but don,t use it,straight away unless you can,t spot any, I use the warning call,to get them to reply, if they are cutting just do the feeding chatter,youngsters will fall for it, and come looking,don,t forget to eat them. Skinning is easy just look up my mate Squacks or sarge on line, or rimfire central hunting thread," squirrels the tree kind"

Last edited:
I have used two 50p pieces to great effect. You hold one cupped in the palm of your hand then tap it with the edge of the other one to make a chattering sound. Only trouble is you need both hands to do it so there is inevitably a bit of movement when you go for your gun.

I think that I may have a proper caller somewhere too.

Thanks Glyn - top tip :thumb:

Back