Thread: Available - Fully funded Level 1 places available from the Bursary fund.

Available - Fully funded Level 1 places available from the Bursary fund.

Dear All,

Firstly we need 9 people who wish to get their level 1 and feel they are a deserving case, students, family men/women who find it difficult to spend on themselves when it could go on the family, unemployed pretty much anyone who feel they have a good reason. If you think you fall into this category just send me a Private Message and we shall come to a decision as soon as, the cut off date will be the 10th August 2015.

The course, will be run over the weekend of 3rd/4th of October at East Kilbride, the registration will be via Barony College.

Now before people start crying that it would be good to run these courses in other parts of the Country, I agree it would but without the generosity we have had in organising/running this course it is impossible.

After just over a year of the Supporters cub being in existence we are in a suitable financial position to offer nine, 9, fully funded level 1 courses. I should add that this is only possible because of the magnificent generosity of the South Lanarkshire Deer Group, SLDG, under the general-ship of 6 Pointer, Davie Quarrel in particular and Andrew Treadaway of Barony College, through which the paperwork will be managed. Last but not least the members who have subscribed to the supporters club, this subscription is not huge, 50 pence per week roughly, and after the expenses of the monthly draw prizes it has taken us over a year to get here and only then because of the massive generosity and donation of time and resources by others. We have at present 183 subscribers to the supporters club a figure which pleases me because we have that many members willing to engage in the idea of helping others to get started etc. within our sport. It also disappoints me in that we have a healthy membership and it appears that most are happy to take but quite reluctant to give, a pity really.

Good luck to all applicants.

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

wonderfull news! Congratulations to all involved!