1 for 1 variations

danban

Hi I'm thinking of putting in for a 1 for 1 on my .22 does it take long and can I have a choice of action or do I need to specify ie semi auto?

i did it the other way around i had,,,my mates 525 semi auto 22 which i swapped for a new bolt action 1417 on my ticket it stated 22lr 525 ser no,,and i put in for a 22lr bolt action ser no so thats whats on there now,,,ie it never said semi auto on there,,,,to be honest most staff dont know the difference till you point it out,,,,and as regards the time period its a lottery which area your in could be days or in our case 8/10/12 weeks,hope that helps a bit, atb doug,

If you absorb the cost of a variation then just ask for an additional .22 Either keep both or you have the luxury of waiting and shopping around for a replacement to get the best deal on your current rifle or maybe decide on do need both. I did that, got the semi auto, played with it for a few months and realised it wasn't for me so sold it and kept the bolt action.

I'm planning on asking for another one when I put in my variation for a .308. Which B/A did you go for?

Just a cheap Savage MKii. It shoots straight and is nice and light but I hate the Accutrigger. Should have gone for a well used CZ or Bruno and got a trigger kit for it.

What are the anschutz 525 like?
I hear the 1022 can have problems and they are a bit marmite.

If you absorb the cost of a variation then just ask for an additional .22 Either keep both or you have the luxury of waiting and shopping around for a replacement to get the best deal on your current rifle or maybe decide on do need both. I did that, got the semi auto, played with it for a few months and realised it wasn't for me so sold it and kept the bolt action.

Hi and sorry if a tad off topic but.
What do you have to give as a good reason for a second rifle in the same caliber?
I fancy another .22 rimmy.

cjs

Back