What left these and why?

daw

Yesterday evening I found the below cache 5 metres up in the crook of an oak tree against which my high seat leans.

It looks over a recently cut stubble field.

I've had owls fly onto high seats to use them as a perch before while I've been in situ.

So were these left by an owl which had rich pickings over the just cut stubble field?

View attachment 59937View attachment 59938

What a strange find, quite remarkable to see that, i have no firm idea, but would as you say suspect either Owl or other BOP excited and distracted by the easily seen abundance of tasty morsels.

Defo its a deer treat ? its seen you up there for hrs waiting in vain :eek: so its left you some nourishment to help you wait it out next time :cuckoo: coz it saw you bailed out the last time due to hunger :coat::rofl:

Falcons are known to cache food like that when it's in abundance so it could be a kestrel storing it up nice find though
Rgds mike

Falcons are known to cache food like that when it's in abundance so it could be a kestrel storing it up nice find though
Rgds mike

Following evening I returned and saw a kestrel hovering near to the tree. I haven't ever seen any owls in the locality. So odds are that it was down to a kestrel. Cache had gone.

Back