The best girlfriend ever.

lol. could you imagine the fuss if you found a handgun in the uk.

you would probably be on the news.

I did a charity day with work a few years ago basically litter picking on the banks of the Thames and we were instructed that we had to hand in any handguns we found.... :eek:

We didnt find a whole one but we did find some bits (all rusted up of course) which we put in a bucket specially provided for the purpose!

Great story by the OP! Wish things were that simple over here hehe! :)

After 24 hours at a buddy's house in some "NRA Approved" rust remover, the cylinder has swung open and the spent cartridge cases ejected. I cycled the action, stiffly. By tomorrow evening it should be ready to disassemble. I'll be shooting it by the end of next week! :D~Muir

After 24 hours at a buddy's house in some "NRA Approved" rust remover, the cylinder has swung open and the spent cartridge cases ejected. I cycled the action, stiffly. By tomorrow evening it should be ready to disassemble. I'll be shooting it by the end of next week! :D~Muir
Muir, we need to be treated to some "before and after" pics.
When it comes to wives it sounds like some of you got the deluxe model. I got the standard. After 16 years together married for almost ten of them, she still doesn't know the difference between "going shooting", "going to the range" and "going stalking". To be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way; my stalking time is my "me time".

Regrettably, I didn't take a before pic of the revolver but I just got back from disassembling it completely after being gone for a week out of town. I have put the unit into the Ultra Sound with the same rust solvent. We'll see what a few hours will do. I do believe I'll be able to shoot it. The rust remover, "Evaporust" is non toxic, non etching, and removes rust like nothing I've seen.

Yes! My Lady is wonderful. We just got back from my son's wedding where my Ex got a dose of her youthful energy and grace. One of life's little pleasures... We danced into the wee hours. It was fantastic.
We won't marry though! ~Muir

Regrettably, I didn't take a before pic of the revolver but I just got back from disassembling it completely after being gone for a week out of town. I have put the unit into the Ultra Sound with the same rust solvent. We'll see what a few hours will do. I do believe I'll be able to shoot it. The rust remover, "Evaporust" is non toxic, non etching, and removes rust like nothing I've seen.

Yes! My Lady is wonderful. We just got back from my son's wedding where my Ex got a dose of her youthful energy and grace. One of life's little pleasures... We danced into the wee hours. It was fantastic.
We won't marry though! ~Muir

Great stuff Muir.

I have to pinch myself sometimes, to find a perfect sole mate is not easy these days, seems like we have both been very lucky in life. Just got back from a nice long weekend in the New Forest, and now getting ready for clients on the Fallow, followed very shortly by a month in the highlands with clients and friends.

ATB
Sikamalc

Great stuff Muir.

I have to pinch myself sometimes, to find a perfect sole mate is not easy these days, seems like we have both been very lucky in life. Just got back from a nice long weekend in the New Forest, and now getting ready for clients on the Fallow, followed very shortly by a month in the highlands with clients and friends.

ATB
Sikamalc

We are very lucky men, indeed. I just bought a Dillon Square Deal (semi automatic, indexing) loader for her in 9mm so that she can keep up with her appetite for practice with her new Springfield Armory XD pistol. Eventually I will buy the 45 acp conversion unit but only after she wears out a 1000 pcs of brass or so! All in the mean while, loading and shooting her custom 7x57 FN. The same friend who gave her the rifle also sent her 800 PPU 140 grain boat tail soft points and Forster dies so she is pretty well set!

It's nice to have someone who shares your interests.~Muir

Well, I finally shot the S&W .38 that My Lady found on the prairiedog town. After a good buzz in the ultrasonic cleaner with more "Evaporust" it functioned perfectly. I lubed and assembled the pistol and waited out the rain to test fire it. Yesterday was the day.

Prudence suggested I shouldn't fire this off hand just yet so I clamped the frame between two wooden blocks in one of my old barrel vises clamped top a wooden cable reel, and arranged a remote firing device. (butcher string) I barricaded myself behind a sheet of 1/2 ply board and fired 25 rounds of factory PPU 130 grain FMJ through it before unclamping the frame, reinstalling the original weathered grips, and shooting it off hand. I was impressed! With the sun at my back I shot a four inch, ten shot group at 25 yards, off hand. That's pretty darned good for a gun with only a 3" sight radius! The gun functioned perfectly.

Amazing.~Muir

Muir, I can't think of a better pistol than one which has cost nothing but a bit of time and a couple of spoonfulls of gun oil. Jealous.

That just wouldn't happen over here , if you did hand it in, imagine the hounding you would get

Jealous doesn't even cover it , not regarding the understanding wife, got one of those , I'm lucky ,,
But your gun laws etc ... I have to get across the water someday
Paul

Back