police

Farmer wakes to noises in the barn in the small hours, looks out across the yard & sees lights on in the yard & sheds, he sees people are moving around, phones plod & is told that they are "too busy & as they are not in the house, to stay indoors & hope they leave", farmer rings back to say" it's ok I've shot them" & can he have a crime number please?, 7 minutes later four carloads of plod turn up in company with a helicopter, superintendant says" I thought you said you'd shot them", farmers says" I thought you said you were busy".

This one must now qualify for the Book of Sporting Legends. :) I heard it happened down in Hampshire? I guess we'll never know....

As for RitchiePC & Shortshot you are both entirely wrong in your assessment of poaching. NCIS confirms that people involved in poaching are almost always involved in a wide variety of other criminal activity - and the list of those activities is endless.... While this may not fit with a romantic, 'one for the pot' notion of poaching, it is the sad reality. If not poaching for venison to sell, coursing with long dogs will involve betting of not inconsiderable amounts of money. As for the police viewing poaching as an easy win, tick in the box - again the evidence is against you. Combating poaching isn't easy owing to the nature of the crime and is very resource intensive. We have only recently seen increased police time and effort being put into this because they have finally realised by nailing a poacher they will also be getting a thief, animal abuser, fraudster, drug peddler, tax evader, burglar etc etc etc...

Last edited:
your spot on there bandit country, just been to drop a magpie into a keeper who lives near me and we have just been saying the same thing.

Back