Another medal??

sh1kar

So after a previous posted pic with deer dog and rifle, here is another sans dog. Called up in rut last Tuesday. Yet to boil out and will measure in the usual 90 days - whole skull of course
However, what's the views now on medal potential??

Shi1kar

View attachment 60002

So after a previous posted pic with deer dog and rifle, here is another sans dog. Called up in rut last Tuesday. Yet to boil out and will measure in the usual 90 days - whole skull of course

Shi1kar

View attachment 60002

Reminds me an awful lot of the bucks that I used to cull slightly North of Hampshire.
Very typically they would score in the 145-155 CIC margin.
He looks like he holds good weight in the top as well as the bottom.

Reminds me an awful lot of the bucks that I used to cull slightly North of Hampshire.
Very typically they would score in the 145-155 CIC margin.
He looks like he holds good weight in the top as well as the bottom.
you aren't far out - north eas of Basingstoke, South East Andover

Nice buck but would like to see more pics of that rifle, looks like the sort of 'Sunday rifle' I dream about buying!!

Shi1kar

View attachment 60002
That is a cracker, bit of age about him as well. What did the first buck weigh ? That would help gauge this fine beast .
ps he would make a good shoulder mount

That is a cracker, bit of age about him as well. What did the first buck weigh ? That would help gauge this fine beast .
ps he would make a good shoulder mount
The buck in dog pic weighed 494g. This guy I'd going to be quite a bit heavier me thinks. I guess getting on for 600 will boil him out weekend. Bu99er. Never thought shoulder mount. Ha it just took over and bled him and gralloched as usual. What a missed oppty

The buck in dog pic weighed 494g. This guy I'd going to be quite a bit heavier me thinks. I guess getting on for 600 will boil him out weekend. Bu99er. Never thought shoulder mount. Ha it just took over and bled him and gralloched as usual. What a missed oppty
So with neck on line first buck 111 cic second buck 140 cic

This is my current wait and see buck, taken almost a month ago and initially air dried then put in the conservatory so doubt he'll lose too much more weight.

The skull is uncut and currently sitting at 526g or 532g (depending on what scales I use), weight in water -90g is 305g (I think), span 10cm, average length is 23.5cm.

I've tried to score him myself and have been quite hard on it as have had a couple of big heads that have hit the bar (including one which weighed 499g full skull) and reckon it will go bronze at 107.25 - 110.

The Swedish method gives it a silver which I'd be delighted with but time will tell!!

image.jpg

Dunno why anytime I put a photo on it is not rotated correctly though!!

Last edited:
Back