Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prvi Partisan

Prvi Partisan

Just bought 20 150gr for my 308 Sako 75 .

Any bets on how big the group will be?

Well I only hope its not like the last batch of 357 I bought for my hand gun I use for dispatching. The case split in the revolver and jammed the whole cylinder.

Not my idea of good ammo

My old .308 Brno loved the stuff and grouped to around 1" with it. A mates .243 (Tikka) couldn't produce a group smaller than about 4" with the Prvi though.

Depends on your rifle I suppose - let us know how you get on.

Well, i have said it before and i will say it again, this stuff for me is the mutts nuts. I use it in a Tikka 595 .243 and a styer .270 and cannot fault the stuff. I used it when contracting and can honestly say it never let me down and it accounted for some deer aswell.

l was given 180 rnds in 243 but as l home load l was only interested in the brass so l passed them onto a friend, l have not heard many good reports about them but l must admit that when we went to zero the rifle with them l was quite impressed with there performance, he was getting under 1 in grouping and they have shot very consistantly since making many kills and performing well, but the brass does need a little sorting.

I recently used PV Ammo in my .308, 150gn and it clover leafed in the ten ring at 100yds and from 200yds had a 1" group 1" low.
    Oh, I was using a 'cheap and nasty' remmy 700 Adl but then I had tweaked the trigger myself so maybe I cheated!!

when i first bought my tikka i was trying different ammo ,bought some of the privvi in .243 and could get a better group with the shotgun

I can never get a very good group with my shotgun even using full choke up close so you must be good!! lol

Just got a s/h Tikka T3 .243 , sighted it in for my 75gr V.Max home-loads and tried it with some 100gr SP `privi partizan` that I won at a stalkers shoot.
    Was pleased to get a half inch central 3 shot group at the same sight setting at 100yds so now I can shoot a Roe or a Crow by a simple bullet change-over.

Used prvi partisan 100gn sp .243 for plains game and performed faultless. Stopping most animals in there tracks, even wildebeest!