Withdrawn Rifles

jase kaye

I'd just like to say that the two rifles I have in the sales section are no longer for sale. I'm going to keep them or maybe trade them in at a later date for something in stainless synthetic, the reason I have to post it in this section is that someone has reported me to JAYB for trading :rolleyes: and I'm now banned for posting in the classifieds,I have a good idea who it is and why, well one of them anyway, but according to JAYB he's had multiple reports of me trading, but if that's what they want to think that's up to them, sorry to anyone who may have been interested in any of them , but there you go.
Thanks Jase.

I can't Iain, I've tried to, but I'm blocked from posting anything in the classifieds :eek: it wont let me even edit the posts I have running, I'll pm JAYB and ask him to remove them.
Jase.

you trade then ? or have you just got a shed load of gear to sell :D
Nah not a trader mate just like trying different stuff, but the powers that be think I am, so I'll not be selling anything on here again, they've made sure of that :lol:

Sorry to hear that, I think most on this site would agree you are not a dealer just suffer from gunitus (for want of a better word) where you buy and then dribble over something else......of course no one else has ever suffered from that. I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction and would feel that if the Police are not asking you if you are a Dealer (RFD) or tradeing as such why should any one else be concerned how long you keep a rifle etc

Sorry to hear that, I think most on this site would agree you are not a dealer just suffer from gunitus (for want of a better word) where you buy and then dribble over something else......of course no one else has ever suffered from that. I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction and would feel that if the Police are not asking you if you are a Dealer (RFD) or tradeing as such why should any one else be concerned how long you keep a rifle etc

+1, still think your mad to sell the pair you have..:D

Thanks for that lads, I don't what else I can say to JAYB he seems to have made his mind up, oh and to make it better I also can't post in the stalking available section either :eek: don't know why that is.
Jase.

This has to be one of the weirdest sequences of threads I've seen on here...
My thoughts entirely Mungo.

I once investigated a chap whom I thought may be 'trading on a shotgun certificate', owing to the unusual numbers of acquisition and disposal notifications coming through the office. It turned out that his 'trading' was costing him thousands and the local RFDs were rubbing their hands every time he came through the door.
A severe case of gunnitis but nothing to be concerned about.

As for 'trading on a firearm certificate', I would have thought 'business' would be a bit slow ? Waiting for variations alone would severely affect cash-flow ?
In any case anyone overdoing it with variations would get stood to attention by the licensing unit. Strangely such cases seem to get 'accidently' slipped in the bottom draw for cooling off :D. Not in the Home Office Guidance of course.

If we are honest, we have all suffered from a well known condition called 'Its bright and shiny and I want one' at one time or another :rolleyes:. I know I certainly have and its cost me more than a bob or two along the way. All part of life's rich tapestry.

Must be more to this than meets the eye ? Ultimately its for the site owners to judge and decide.

Last edited:
To sell the amount of guns you do it is still cheaper to pay as a trade member than to advertise them through Guntrader and the other trade sites. If I were to sell as many cars and have as many adverts as you I would be classed as a motor trader.

To sell the amount of guns you do it is still cheaper to pay as a trade member than to advertise them through Guntrader and the other trade sites. If I were to sell as many cars and have as many adverts as you I would be classed as a motor trader.

+ 1 stick a tenner on the price of the gun then sell it - Problem solved amount of guns that he sells would soon be running at a profit.....

A good few points from "uncle norm".
A quick question if I may, how many guns/rifles/moderators, or anything else for that matter can you sell on this site before being classed as a "Trader" ? .
ive sold lots of guns ,shotguns not firearms , throughout my shooting "career" ( not on this site), but have never been classed as a dealer, I personally don't understand what all the fuss is about, Jase kaye is probably losing money on all the stuff he's selling anyway.
This however is only my opinion.
Cheers,Scott

I wounder if you had fallen on hard times and had to sell at a loss would have been classed has a trader probably not. head up jase happy shooting matey

I have looked back on your posts.

You joined in 2012.......... you have 500 posts as far as I can see amounting to 20 pages, and without counting everyone as I have better things to do I would say that nearly every post bar maybe 20 odd are selling, bumping it up for sale, or thanking someone for buying it.

Classifieds on this site is for general use of members to offer goods fro sale in moderation, however no one in anyway could call your use of it moderate.
If you had paid £10 per month to trade there would not be an issue. Our (Admin) problem is trying to moderate and weed out those that trade under the radar, and we made it clear that we are conducting a zero tolerance to such activities.

Now we have the problem of our regular trade contributors looking at your continued posts of material for sale and wondering why you are not trade, when clearly since 2012 the vast majority of your contribution to the site has been offering goods for sale. We then get people who have paid trade membership (£10 per month is not a kings ransome is it?) complaining that you are continually selling items without trade.

I would add that THIS site costs us time and money to maintain and run, and that most of the monies collected goes back into the site and the bursary fund for less well off members to take their Level 1, which this site is paying for.

So lets stop the moaning minnies, if you want to continually sell material (trade) pay the £10 per month, where else would you be allowed to advertise for free???
Try flogging stuff through the Shooting Times, I think you will find that your £10 will not last more than a week and will cover probably one line, if your lucky, and furthermore will end up with a zero result.

A good few points from "uncle norm".
A quick question if I may, how many guns/rifles/moderators, or anything else for that matter can you sell on this site before being classed as a "Trader" ? .
ive sold lots of guns ,shotguns not firearms , throughout my shooting "career" ( not on this site), but have never been classed as a dealer, I personally don't understand what all the fuss is about, Jase kaye is probably losing money on all the stuff he's selling anyway.
This however is only my opinion.
Cheers,Scott

[FONT=&quot]Now this is actually quite funny – somebody defending someone selling more than the odd rifle – and other bits let’s not forget that. The fuss is the other members who pay to sell their goods on this site might feel a little aggrieved about somebody taking liberties…… the funniest part is your username – oh right that’s your Business you would be advertising and not paying to do so – it’s only a tenner a month I don’t see what all the fuss is about…… [/FONT]

Well Jase, there you have it. Summed up nicely by sikamalc and redlab at posts #15 and #16.
Just pay your tenner a month, then buy and sell to your heart's content.
Seems fair to me.... and exceptionally good value for money.
Best regards.

Everything taken on board, but I'll say it again I'm not trade , but if it makes every body happy, I will not sell another item through this forum, I'm sure I'll sell them elsewhere, I dare say the wife would know exactly how much money I have lost buying and selling on here, the top and bottom of it is I have two wood and blue rifles that I have sold things swapped and trucked things through this site to buy and now I'm wanting to sell them both to buy a stainless / synthetic Sako end of.
Jase.

Pm in your inbox sikamalc , explaining I'm no longer a business,
would you like to change my name?

Back