42 Days (6 Weeks) !!!!

UTGrad

42 days until deer season opens here. Got my Hoyt Nitrum Turbo tuned up and ready to go! Shooting 370 grain arrow 317 fps. Deer don't stand a chance.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439674800.958990.jpg

That is a nice bow, good solid wall, smooth draw, but a little stiff cos they reduced the brace height to get the speed, airshox work well though and the build is top draw, I liked the offset in the riser to make tuning easy, what shafts & heads will you be taking that buck of a lifetime with?

I have just got a Bear Arena 34, loving it, hopefully I will get on some pigs next weekend, turkeys at the least.

Good choice there Taff, its a bit long for me as I am a short ass, Nathan my mate in Louisiana says they are real smooth to shoot, and quiet cos of the double string stop, he reckons he can hit a Bullfrog @ 60m!! he offered to sort one out but I am sticking with the PSE, which with any luck I can utilize to its max when I get down your way for this wedding.
Whats the spec on your one 70lb@27.5? I just got hold of some Bone collector shafts, cant believe how small the diameter is compared to the Expedition hunters, wont be heavy enough for pigs though i don't reckon. atb

Good choice there Taff, its a bit long for me as I am a short ass, Nathan my mate in Louisiana says they are real smooth to shoot, and quiet cos of the double string stop, he reckons he can hit a Bullfrog @ 60m!! he offered to sort one out but I am sticking with the PSE, which with any luck I can utilize to its max when I get down your way for this wedding.
Whats the spec on your one 70lb@27.5? I just got hold of some Bone collector shafts, cant believe how small the diameter is compared to the Expedition hunters, wont be heavy enough for pigs though i don't reckon. atb
rick mine is 26. 3/4 only pulling 56 at the moment, running victory v force .245 sport 400 using 100g broad heads,the guy who works in the shop is running the same set up, taking pigs and goats.

Apache we have a whole section on this site about dogs for finding deer, SHOT WITH A RIFLE by people who thought the same thing.

That is a nice bow, good solid wall, smooth draw, but a little stiff cos they reduced the brace height to get the speed, airshox work well though and the build is top draw, I liked the offset in the riser to make tuning easy, what shafts & heads will you be taking that buck of a lifetime with?

At least the "HEADS" in this case really are correctly described.;)

I'm in the market for a new bow... Have been moving towards a Carbon Spyder ZT Turbo but the Nitrum looks interesting... Just need to figure out whether the extra £350 for the Spyder is worth it!

I'm in the market for a new bow... Have been moving towards a Carbon Spyder ZT Turbo but the Nitrum looks interesting... Just need to figure out whether the extra £350 for the Spyder is worth it!

The bow choice is excellent and looks the nuts, its lighter but just over 4lb to just under 4lb is to close to notice, depending what and how you shoot the add ons will bring the weight up and i would personally spend the money upgrading my sights, drop away rest, strings etc. Word is the new Lithium Ltd by Martin Archery is where its at..

The bow choice is excellent and looks the nuts, its lighter but just over 4lb to just under 4lb is to close to notice, depending what and how you shoot the add ons will bring the weight up and i would personally spend the money upgrading my sights, drop away rest, strings etc. Word is the new Lithium Ltd by Martin Archery is where its at..

I'm Hoyt or nothing! lol... Already got all the bits off my old bow so no upgrades needed there... Fuse Carbon blade stab, spott hog father 3 pin sight, QAD HDX rest... Have hankered after the carbon "whetever" ever since Hoyt brought one out, now it is time.. I'm wavering!!! the bow needs to last me a minimum of 5 years and I know the carbons are incredibly durable.. there is a vid somewhere of one of the carbons being driven over and it still shoots sweet!!!!!

I'm Hoyt or nothing! lol... Already got all the bits off my old bow so no upgrades needed there... Fuse Carbon blade stab, spott hog father 3 pin sight, QAD HDX rest... Have hankered after the carbon "whetever" ever since Hoyt brought one out, now it is time.. I'm wavering!!! the bow needs to last me a minimum of 5 years and I know the carbons are incredibly durable.. there is a vid somewhere of one of the carbons being driven over and it still shoots sweet!!!!!

Refreshing to read a list of proper parts, have seen one dry fired which i have to say had me standing behind a door...no ill effects, and still in use. I say 'hurry while stocks last' would order from USA though.

Vipa I think they drove over a Matrix a few years ago then shot it, would not fancy doing that with anything in my cabinet..ouch.

Refreshing to read a list of proper parts, have seen one dry fired which i have to say had me standing behind a door...no ill effects, and still in use. I say 'hurry while stocks last' would order from USA though.

Looked at that option but believe it or not there is no cost benefit, in fact, it would cost me more! Merlin Archery can do me a Carbon Spyder ZT Turbo in black out 60-70# for either £900 or £1020 depending whether I want the hunting or target version (for the life of me I can't work out what the difference could possibly be.... Theres nothing on the internet that would suggest there are 2 versions!?!?!?! If anyone could enlighten me I would be grateful!)

If I imported from the states, by the time I paid shipping and duty etc, I'm up to £1,200! The dollar is very strong at the mo.

Looked at that option but believe it or not there is no cost benefit, in fact, it would cost me more! Merlin Archery can do me a Carbon Spyder ZT Turbo in black out 60-70# for either £900 or £1020 depending whether I want the hunting or target version (for the life of me I can't work out what the difference could possibly be.... Theres nothing on the internet that would suggest there are 2 versions!?!?!?! If anyone could enlighten me I would be grateful!)

If I imported from the states, by the time I paid shipping and duty etc, I'm up to £1,200! The dollar is very strong at the mo.

Didn't realise they were so competitive, I expect its a custom colour thing, there is no difference on bare bow.

Didn't realise they were so competitive, I expect its a custom colour thing, there is no difference on bare bow.

That's what I'm thinking... so.. £900 for a Spyder ZT Turbo or £630 for a Nitrum Turbo! That's only £270 difference! Hmmmmmmm! :-|

The offset riser of the Nitrum series is a huge plus. Lots of die hard carbon Hoyt guys are shooting the aluminum riser Nitrum cause of the riser.

Last September, I moved up from a 2002 UltraTec XT2000 twin cam [bought pre-owned in 2003] to a Hoyt Faktor 34. Great smooth shooting bow and very quiet, with zero hand shock; will be really interested to hear what guys reckon to the zero torque cable guard on the new Spyder and Nitrum.

First and last shot of the afternoon yesterday @ 42.5 yards #oneshotgroups #HoytFaktor34 #SlickTrickMagnum125grBHsFirst and last shot of the afternoon @ 42.5 yards 16Aug2015.jpg

The offset riser of the Nitrum series is a huge plus. Lots of die hard carbon Hoyt guys are shooting the aluminum riser Nitrum cause of the riser.

Interesting! I noticed Cam Haynes is shooting a nitrum this year which does speak volumes to me... I just know what I'm like.. I'm worried that if I get the Nitrum I'll still hanker after a carbon and then lose loads selling the nitrum!! lol

Back