New rifle

243Dan

Hello

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket.

I currently use a Tikka M595 in .243, I bough it second hand with a Schmidt and Bender 8x56 and ive since upgraded the scope.

I'm thinking of replacing the 595 with either a T3 or Sako of some kind, probably the 75 finnlight.

I was just wondering if it would be worth the cost?

Or get a set up in a different caliber as I only have. 243

Cheers. Dan

Hello

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket.

I currently use a Tikka M595 in .243, I bough it second hand with a Schmidt and Bender 8x56 and ive since upgraded the scope.

I'm thinking of replacing the 595 with either a T3 or Sako of some kind, probably the 75 finnlight.

I was just wondering if it would be worth the cost?

Or get a set up in a different caliber as I only have. 243

Cheers. Dan

Trading a M595 for a T3 is no sort of upgrade. Unless the old Tikka is done, I'd keep shooting it and call it good.

It you really want to spend some money, by all means, treat yourself to another rifle to keep the current one company.

The 595 shoots fine, no idea if it's well used or hardly used. It's more a thing in my head knowing what the rifle has done

It's like opening a can of worms choosing a new caliber haha.

If you want to 'upgrade' then how about a decent re barrel ?? The 595 action is great, better than a T3 any day of the week.

I've had a 595 and 695 in the past and loved them. However they then brought out the 75 and my Tikka days were done, there's nothing wrong with them, in fact there's lots right with them. I just think there's nothing wrong with the 75. I've played with the 85 but when I pick one up I think "Meh!"

You'll regret it if you shift that 595 Dan who cares if it's had 200 or 2000 down it, it shoots like a new one so until it doesn't then just shoot stuff with it and keep ya money
Or sell it me !!!! Just not with a NF scope on it !!!
Regards
Jimmy

Yeah i agree with a lot of the statements above.. dont sell it! Definitely dont replace it with a T3.. Sako 75s are nice.. are they any better..? Don't think so. I had a 595 in .243 and regret selling it, i also had a Sako 75 and regret selling that too! When will i learn?!

Re-barrel would be my preference to be fair. you can have a really good quality smith fit a good quality barrel for less than £800.. probably a lot less if you hunt around. then you get the calibre you want, the profile, the length and the customer service..

Stick with it till it dont shoot anymore,you need a slap for swapping a *****force for a swarovski but we'll let that go but that rifle is a tack driver.
Oh you can't change calibre neither as ".243Dan" would be no more, haha!!!!

Agree with all the comments above. I've been thinking of rationalising my collection by losing my M65 - but the Action and the trigger particuarly are soooo much better on the M65. Perhaps consider what you need from a second rifle and if the barrel is shot out re-barrel to meet the new requirement?

Agree with all the comments above. I've been thinking of rationalising my collection by losing my M65 - but the Action and the trigger particuarly are soooo much better on the M65. Perhaps consider what you need from a second rifle and if the barrel is shot out re-barrel to meet the new requirement?

Welcome back Toxster! Did you ever manage to fix that Sako in the end?

Welcome back Toxster! Did you ever manage to fix that Sako in the end?

Yes, shoots fine now. Just need to find a hunting ammo it likes and it'll be my lightweight rig. Once shot-out it'll be the base for a custom jobby. Got it back to touching groups with the RWS NRA ammo, but it's a nice light piece - had it bouncing all over the place with a bipod on. Sandbags or freehand/sticks only for that one.

Back to the Topic, it's an illustration of how a good Action can live on.

Last edited:
Back