Anyone tried a Hardy rimfire mod on a Sako Finnfire?

A J

I'm looking for a sound mod for my Sako Finnfire, preferably of reflex design to reduce the additional length of the barrel. Has anyone tried one on a Finnfire or Quad? If so, how well did it perform and did you have much of a POI shift?

Swift precision knightingale is over barrel for a .22

Yeah it's one of my considerations. I have a Hardy rimfire mod on a semi auto .22 I have and it works really well, sadly a different thread type and I'm mindful that what works well on one type of rifle doesn't mean it will automatically work as well on another. The Hardy and Nightingale are similar in price, but the Hardy is a little lighter.

Swift precision knightingale is over barrel for a .22

Got one on my FF's .17HM2 barrel... very nice and very quiet and made in England so no problem with back-up and spares.. Richard Pope is a good man to deal with. They're calibre specific but he'll supply the inners as required. He got me to try it on my .17Rem 595 and it does pretty well on that too but the lighter weight than the OneLessCharlie mod mean't it was shooting higher and consequently out of the reticle adjustment range of my Drone Pro.

Before I got the HM2 barrel from him I ended up with a Sirocco SM2 on the standard length/weight FF .22 barrel... in conjunction with Eley subs that combo gave me the best results of several different mods and ammo. But the SM2 is an on-the-end can.

Cheers

Fizz
:cool:

swift nightingale on my 222. its the same moderator as the 22lr just the proofing making is the difference. not tried it on the 22 yet but will go give it a try i think.

i have a T12 Scout I (used to use0 on .22, .22WMR, .17M2, .17HMR
Now the .22 is chopped to 12.5" and has a Weirauch mod on it (sub 100gr IIRC)

T12 on my 18" barrelled (rechambered Hornet) .222:

Back