Thread: Ziss v schmidt

Ziss v schmidt

My mates buying a new rifle tikka t3 set up and it comes with a schmidt and bender 8x56 Hungarian or a zeiss duralyt 3-12x50 both nice scopes. I use a schmidt fixed on my stalking rifle and can't complain in any way so I'm bised, Just wondered What the opinion on the zeiss was.
    Last edited by danmoore2k; 22-08-2015 at 07:07.

The Zeiss is very good, if it were me I'd have that as I like the option of being able to change magnification if corcatances dictate...

ps I have a duralyt on my current rifle and will be buying another Irgun the next few weeks!!

Zeiss...good optics along with all the other German/Austrian makes. Zeiss service...much poorer than Swarovski & S&B. Leica...never owned any so can't comment. I use both Zeiss & S&B scopes.
    Used Swaro. scope & bins too, for very many years and their customer service & back up IMO is second to none.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

out of those two scopes you have said i would go with the schmidt every time im a fan of ziess and even have one (2.5-10x50 victory diavari t*) on my stalking rifle which replaced a schmidt but i just dont think the duralyt glass is up to it, infact i would go as far to say as i actually think its a rip off and if you couldnt afford a better spec ziess get a meopta

I have a variable mag scope which has not moved off x8 since I bought it! Get the Schmidt

I'm the same variable mag scopes stay the same all the time. So for me personally I'd get the schimbt

S+B over a duralyt every time

I have had fixed power scopes but now use all variables and I do actually change the mag throughout a stalk too so for that Id choose the Duralyt. I've got the new Duralyt, the Conquest DL and have zero complaints with it at all.

Schmidt has superior glass,Zeiss is more versatile.
    Depends what your mate's priority is.
    The Schmidt for low light or the Zeiss as an all rounder.