cz 527 trigger

pigeonbasher

can anyone identify this trigger please, its in my cz 527 .22 hornet, the seller told me it had been to syss to have a timney trigger fitted, I spoke to roger @ syss, who said they don't do timney triggers, only basix, as I wanted to try the original cz option, alas he cant find it, atb ray015.JPG

yes your right, only trouble is its had the set trigger option disabled and I don't know anyone who can put it right, atb ray

To be honest I don't use set trigger as the main trigger can be adjusted very crisp and light that it works as good as. I'd try that first before worrying about set trigger.

Set trigger van be adjusted out, trigger just needs re-adjusting, takes all of ten minutes.
Just follow the instructions in the handbook.

Neil. :)

+1 hornet6, even i managed to do mine, just be double sure you follow the instructions, it is possible to adjust it too light so that the rifle will fire with the slightest knock, i also found that if adjusted too light the bolt would not cock every time it was cycled.

As above. From your picture I think the screw is in too far thereby disabling the set facility. The small screw at the front of the trigger is the set control. Make sure unloaded and then screw set trigger screw out and the trigger should then work. Adjust the sensitivity by screwing in/out to receive desired level. Do NOT set too light as you may get a shock when loaded.
BE

Ray FWIW? , I shoot my 527 better without using the set facility? Feels more natural somehow?

Plenty of info ref 527's on the net.

guys i have a 527 17 hornet with the great set trigger just as it came from the factory.i found out yesterday whilst practising muzzel awareness that if i press forward the set trigger but then flick the safety on for a few seconds,as i flick the safety off the rifle fires.anyone else found this?

Sounds like the set trigger is set too fine. It also sounds dangerous!
id reset the set trigger until it stops doing what you say.

BE

guys i have a 527 17 hornet with the great set trigger just as it came from the factory.i found out yesterday whilst practising muzzel awareness that if i press forward the set trigger but then flick the safety on for a few seconds,as i flick the safety off the rifle fires.anyone else found this?

Yes. I found that on my .17 hornet 527 too. I love my Styer set triggers but this one is a lot less usesble somehow so I'm back to using the normal trigger for now.

Edit- I did have it set pretty fine and the book does warn you it can happen.

Yes. I found that on my .17 hornet 527 too. I love my Styer set triggers but this one is a lot less usesble somehow so I'm back to using the normal trigger for now.

Edit- I did have it set pretty fine and the book does warn you it can happen.

what self respecting man reads the book ? thanks guys at least i'm aware and its normal.i'll just lift the bolt now i know.

what self respecting man reads the book ? thanks guys at least i'm aware and its normal.i'll just lift the bolt now i know.

Well, I read the trigger adjustment web page that was all ;)
It was only 1/4 turn between perfectly safe (it tells you to test it by flicking the bolt up and down and putting the safety on and off) and going off with the safety. I take it everywhere with me and I think bouncing around in the Polaris was enough to loosen it. I might get some of the blue loctite and try again with it as it is force of habit from my other guns to use it.

Back