The following recipe is a simple version of the Patak's Lamb balti recipe but is very nice. This is ideal for anybody who isn't too keen on the taste of venison as some people who have tried it thought it was beef.
- 2tbs oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2tbs Patak’s Balti Paste
- 200ml water
- 1tsp garlic & ginger chopped
- 250g diced venison
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 sweet pointed red pepper
- ˝ of the 450g Pataks Medium Balti Sauce (optional – for extra sauce)
- Heat oil in a med saucepan.
- Add onion, cook until soft.
- Add Patak’s Balti Paste, 100ml of water, ginger and garlic
- Stir occasionally, until reduced and thickened
- Add venison and fry until sealed (light brown).
- Add 100ml water, bring to the boil, then add the tomatoes, and red pepper.
- Add half of the 450g jar of Pataks Medium Balti Sauce (optional - for extra sauce)
- Transfer to a slow cooker and cook on a low heat for 4 to 5 hrs.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
Hope you enjoy.