FAC application sent off

slider

Right, after getting all the bits and pieces together my FAC application is finally ready to post in the morning. It's off to Police Scotland (former Lothian & Borders Division).

Just wondering if its worth running a sweep stake on how long this will take - Judging by recent comments I don't expect to be in possession of my FAC this side of Christmas!

Good luck with your application. Can't be any worse than Lincolnshire police. I sent my fac in for a simple change of conditions in March. A following letter sent in May and after many phone calls I still haven't received it! My renewal was last November and I was advised to send the fac in July! I did receive the renewal in time but only a few days before expiry.

Police scotland have been pretty good lately with variations and renewals, so hopefully your aplication should not take that long
personally I would hand it in rather than posting it that way you ask for the feo and get him / her to check your form so any mess ups can be sorted straight away, its like a mini interview and you get to meet the person dealing with it
Cheers
Ray

Last edited:
thanks Ray but its an awkward trek into Fettes Ave that I don't have the time to make just now. I will post Recorded Delivery and know the local FEO personally, so have spoken to him before sending,

I here good reports from some Firearms Offices but a lot of horror stories about Edinburgh

Could be worse. The new HQ at french st in glasgow has been a total nightmare. Hope everything goes smoothly for you

Atb.....scott

thanks Ray but its an awkward trek into Fettes Ave that I don't have the time to make just now. I will post Recorded Delivery and know the local FEO personally, so have spoken to him before sending,

I here good reports from some Firearms Offices but a lot of horror stories about Edinburgh

which ever way you do it i wish you luck, what calibres did you apply for ???
Cheers
Ray

Never had an issue at Fetties, in fact found them pretty helpful in the past. But I also know people that have had loads of problems. Here's hoping yours all goes smooth.

M

Right, after getting all the bits and pieces together my FAC application is finally ready to post in the morning. It's off to Police Scotland (former Lothian & Borders Division).

Just wondering if its worth running a sweep stake on how long this will take - Judging by recent comments I don't expect to be in possession of my FAC this side of Christmas!

I put mine in for a variation on Monday, I've decided that I'm going to put aside £250 a month until it comes back for a scope for the new rifle. I'm hoping it'll be quick and I'll make do with a Hawke but I get the feeling it's gonna be a swarovski.

put in for a .270 and Moderator.

Took me a while to decide on the calibre. Will mostly be after Roe but as we have Sika locally I would like to have the stopping power for these and maybe an odd day at Reds.

Came down to 270 or 308. Plenty ammo available for both but the fact that there seem to be large number of s/h 270's about swung it.

I applied for mine in Jan 15, had my visit about 3 weeks later - got my FAC 21 Jul 15!

Afetr the visit i was convinced Hampshire had all their s##t in one sock - but hey ho! To be fair i think had a lot to do with a lot of applications before the price rise.

Good luck! :thumb:

Moved to hants 8 weeks ago from Surrey (Lymington area) emal from Surrey saying all taken care of but not heard back from hants yet,would like to sell some bits but would not know who to contact. Good luck with yours .

I literally got my new ticket ( with another caliber CF added) back this afternoon, took Police Scotland ( Central ) 4 months to do the work...not a drastically long time, and in the meantime, they sent me a section 7 Temp ticket...:) Seemingly, Central are going to Fettes as well, so, might take a bit longer now...:(

Back