Privat Frazer charity stalk.

john d

After winning the above I`d just like to say a big thank you to Mark (Mark-Joppa) for taking me out .
We met up on the Friday around 15-00 ready to go out. My rifles are in Norway so had to use Mark`s.
After a few shots to get used to a strange rifle (strange as in unfamiliar........although it was a Blazer :lol:) we
set off. Fantastic ground but a lot of cover and the corn at full height. Plenty of sign of deer and got barked at
a few times but the deer were not playing.
Bumped a deer in some heather which ran about 60m, although I was onto it we couldn`t tell if it was a buck
or doe because of the high vegetation and no antlers. The deer ran another 150m and stopped, Mark realized it was a buck.
I decided it was to far for me with a strange rifle (did I mention it was a Blazer) and passed the rifle to Mark
who dropped it on the spot. When we got to the deer there was next to no antlers, very small points and almost
no coronets.
Next morning out again early (very) to more fantastic ground. Again the deer weren`t playing until we were coming out
of a wood. Mark spotted a buck at the side of the wood next to a corn field. I was too slow (and making too much noise)
getting set up and the buck walked into the corn and disappeared. By now it was about 14-30 on the Saturday so we called it a day.
No buck for me but had a great couple of days in great company on fantastic ground.
Once again a big thanks to Mark, sorry for `outing `you as a Blazer owner. :lol:.
Seriously, it is a great rifle. I would have one in a shot , if the wife would let me have another.

Regards John.

Sound as though you had an enjoyable outing all the same, which is the most important thing after all.

M

After winning the above I`d just like to say a big thank you to Mark (Mark-Joppa) for taking me out .
We met up on the Friday around 15-00 ready to go out. My rifles are in Norway so had to use Mark`s.
After a few shots to get used to a strange rifle (strange as in unfamiliar........although it was a Blazer :lol:) we
set off. Fantastic ground but a lot of cover and the corn at full height. Plenty of sign of deer and got barked at
a few times but the deer were not playing.
Bumped a deer in some heather which ran about 60m, although I was onto it we couldn`t tell if it was a buck
or doe because of the high vegetation and no antlers. The deer ran another 150m and stopped, Mark realized it was a buck.
I decided it was to far for me with a strange rifle (did I mention it was a Blazer) and passed the rifle to Mark
who dropped it on the spot. When we got to the deer there was next to no antlers, very small points and almost
no coronets.
Next morning out again early (very) to more fantastic ground. Again the deer weren`t playing until we were coming out
of a wood. Mark spotted a buck at the side of the wood next to a corn field. I was too slow (and making too much noise)
getting set up and the buck walked into the corn and disappeared. By now it was about 14-30 on the Saturday so we called it a day.
No buck for me but had a great couple of days in great company on fantastic ground.
Once again a big thanks to Mark, sorry for `outing `you as a Blazer owner. :lol:.
Seriously, it is a great rifle. I would have one in a shot , if the wife would let me have another.

Regards John.

John, thanks for your generous pledge to Charlie's charity. You know you are welcome to go out any time you find yourself back . I'm sure Charlie is looking down laughing as he probably clattered that same fence himself and bumped deer.

Back