Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *UPDATE*Stolen Trail Cams Recovered!!!

Red face *UPDATE*Stolen Trail Cams Recovered!!!

Right Chaps after only one week I have recovered my cameras!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1986[1].jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	375.4 KB 
ID:	60667

The power of social media and forums like this can make the world a very small place, very quickly. I am so glad I forked out a little more for the SMS camera- without it I would have truly lost them. The police were very helpful when they were informed, however they were not needed to get them back. FB and this forum did the Job!!! They were found around half hour drive from where they were taken in the Pontypool area and I did not know the individuals (and it was not kids).

At the time of posting the original thread and FB posts I was 6000 miles away in Vietnam- I have been back in the country just two days. I received the images on my phone via WI-FI in the hotel and tried to get them spread as far as possible.

The cameras are not damaged and the thieves even returned the SIM and Memory Cards (including all pictures of them lifting them)! I am not going to detail the circumstances in to exactly how they were returned, but please be assured they will think twice before taking another one.

Can I please say a huge thank you to everyone for their useful comments, support and assistance in sharing it on the previous thread. This in my eyes proves how valuable these groups are and how important the members can be (even the comments on the interior of the car were correct). I am very lucky and grateful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1986[1].jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	375.4 KB 
ID:	60667

Good news on this, and a happy ending to the saga. Just goes to show persistence pays off.

great new - as you say - the power of social media. Lets continue to spread and share all news of thefts and other bad events

It's not often that these sort of things get recovered and returned so it's really refreshing to hear a happy ending to this one!
    As has been said, there really are some good things that can come from the Internet - And this certainly is one of them!
    You must be delighted!

Great news Alex.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

The gsm cameras are the bomb for retards.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Blaser R93 - Retired now and probably Moshe Dayan's last choice of hunting rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by mchughcb View Post
    The gsm cameras are the bomb for retards.
    ha! There is a reason why they were never doctors or offer any useful purpose to this planet!

Good result mate, social media does work but i would still be questioning the reason why these twats took them in the first place- Police To Me Should Still be investigating and that is where hopefully it should not happen again......Thieving BAZAARS BEWARE felix4247 is watching..........

Great result
    Sorry but I am nosey and you left us hanging as to how you got em back !

On another note I have lol acorn SIM card version too , which card / sim package did you go for ? What cost etc please ?'