Wot bird

Good call, also possibly spotted flycatcher, but the image is a bit blurred to tell of the breast is flecked or not. what part of the country are you in td?
Iam in Stoke ,I took this picture yesterday while watching a wryneck at a place called berry hill.

Any other pics of it that show the wings? It doesn't look like it's has any white on the wings so probably spotted flycatcher but around that area, in theory either is possible. Just googled the place and it sounds like grassland? Probably more likely to be spotted as pied like woodland, particularly oak.....

It is a hen pied ;) I keep and breed/show them - 100% not a spotted, neither a hen nor a juvenile. (I used to keep/breed/show them too!)

Mike

Although a poor photo - the giveaway is the small white bit just above the beak - this also identifies it as a mature bird, not a first year bird.

Mike

Mike, your eyes must be better than mine to see a white patch above that beak, but if so, fair play. Be nice to see some other pics though

It's definitely a pied not spotted I only no that because 30 or so twitchers all said the same yesterday. Along with flycatcher there was willow warbler , wryneck, whinchat ,in 40yd radius.

Oh come on td, the word is 'what' not 'wot'. What. what's or what is! Painful!

Last edited:
Back