Thread: Bergara B14

Bergara B14

On the hunt for a .308 and came across Bergara. I had short-listed a few including the Tikka T3 varmint but looking the the Bergara, it seems to use a decent action and barrel, not what you'd normally expect at that budget. Value-wise, it hits the spot too. I'll be looking for mixed target/stalking use but am not interested in re-mortgaging for a top of the line European rifle nor buying budget American. The Tikka was at the top of my list until I saw the Begara. Anyone had any direct experience of these, and can offer some feedback from a quality and use perspective? I'll be replacing my vermin control rifle with Tikka .223, so that's sorted, it's just the 308 to source.

Chester why not use the search facility and see what others have recently said about the rifle in particular Mike Norris of Brock and Norris. I would certainly be tempted to pop up to Telford to have a look at one.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Apologies...I see there has been a recent thread on them. Yes, looks well worth a visit to look at one. Sounds like a promising rifle.