My new Toy showed up last night

Muir

Wouldn't you know it? Rain forecast for the next couple of days.~Muir
models-top.jpg

That looks a quality bit of kit , not strictly my cup of tea but still nice

what caliber is it ?

Sorry! It's a 308.
I am more aligned with classic configurations as well, but this rifle is comfortable and should be very accurate. May shoot it anyhow, rain be damned.~Muir

Last edited:
That looks so easy to adjust length of pull and cheekpiece height. Enjoy it, hope it shoot's your existing loads well.

can you swap out grip, ambi safety etc? it looks AR compatible?
All of it. I already installed a MAG-Pul grip and attemped to install a Mag Pul Presision Rifle Stock (adjustable) but the darned tube is not drilled and tapped. I'll do that after I shoot this stock.... maybe.

I installed a Leuy MkIV 3-10X graciously loaned to me by MarinePMI of this site and I'm just now taking a break from loading. I am loading my standard hunting load of a Hornady SST 165 over IMR4064. The next time out will be some Sierra 155 Palma Match.~Muir

EDIT: Check that statement about drilling and tapping. Won't work anyhow as the ruger tube has a rib on the bottom as a guide for the butt stock adjustment rod. A new tube is in order.

Last edited:
Nice - I have a PRS stock for my 15-22 and it changes the outfit totally.

Would you need a new handguard if you wanted a bipod? Looks like there's no bottom rail.

All said, thats a real nice rifle - not sure if they're available here - doubt it!

It has a Sampson fore-end so all those curved slots you see are "slide in and lock" mounting points. I have a short rail for my VersaPod that will mount up easily. I don't see why they won't be available there at some point. I had to wait a month for mine but they are shipping. There were some envious guys at the shop when I picked it up.~Muir

Last edited:
No... but it's a nice cross between my Savage Long Range hunter and my AR-10. It folds so it will be nice to keep in my truck.~Muir

Muir, are you saying this will be your "truck gun"?!?

Enjoy buddy, think in 6.5 Creedmore this could be quite interesting too...

not sure if they're available here - doubt it!

Viking Arms are bringing them in, I have one in 6.5 Creedmoor on order, hopefully be here next month. UK price (as always) is silly money, around £1400. In the US they have an ssrp of $1100 and are selling for $850-950 if you can get hold of one :)

Envious guys at the shop??????????, Envious guys at the shop??????????????,:D

Here they walk you out of the store with a firearm purchase and I had to wait out front for my buddy to get done with his shopping. I had several offers to sell it for more than I paid.

It was strange.This store is gigantic; three levels and large enough so that they have a float plane hanging from the ceiling in one area. Indoor archery range, etc. Big. Visible for miles. The gun area is on the top level and occupies about half the floor. I picked up the rifle at the Customer Service counter at the back of the gun area. There I filled out the paperwork at the front counter but they took the numbers off the rifle on the far side of this large room, called in my Federal back ground check, had the rifle in the box and the Manager and i were heading towards the front door. HE leads me off in another direction that takes us down spiral staircase that i didn't know even existed, avoiding walking through the gun department. Once on the ground floor he lead me to the door and shook my hand. (I never actually saw the rifle until i got home) It was like they didn't want anyone to know i was buying an RPR. This may well be the case as their next shipment isn't due for another 6-8 weeks and all those rifles are spoken for as well. Keeping the sale low-key probably saves the staff a lot of wheedling pleas from customers unwilling to otherwise get in line for one. I paid in full a month ago when i ordered it.

The rifle cost me $1050 but I used my store credit card which earned me $100 worth of gift cards (bonus point set up) and the opportunity to pay over 6 mos with no interest. I love using other people's money. I figure $950 as my final cost.

Scrum: Maybe not a truck gun, exactly, but it can go behind the seat away from prying eyes. I've shot the Creedmore version several times. Very accurate and almost zero recoil. Shooting from a bipod I never lost sight of the target and in many instances watched the bullet hole materialize on paper. Ruger claims that the 'in line' design reduces felt recoil. The 308 will be the test. The sun is out so I'll be shooting today.~Muir

Have fun with it :)

I'm picking up my second 44mag Henry Big Boy this week, it's the new Blue Steel version, I'll be down at the club Thursday evening giving it a good testing :D

I may not get to shoot the Ruger properly until next year, I need to get a scope for it which usually means a trip over to Florida so we may be going around late November, our last outdoor range date here is Dec 13th so it'll be tight!.

So far I have about £300 worth of assorted shooting kit in my MidwayUSA shopping cart then need to add another £500 for a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 and £150 for a bipod and that's before the clothes shopping and food etc. :)

Last edited:
Have fun with it :)

I'm picking up my second 44mag Henry Big Boy this week, it's the new Blue Steel version, I'll be down at the club Thursday evening giving it a good testing :D

I may not get to shoot the Ruger properly until next year, I need to get a scope for it which usually means a trip over to Florida so we may be going around late November, our last outdoor range date here is Dec 13th so it'll be tight!.

So far I have about £300 worth of assorted shooting kit in my MidwayUSA shopping cart then need to add another £500 for a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 and £150 for a bipod and that's before the clothes shopping and food etc. :)

Plan on $285 for an Atlas bipod!
I shot the Ruger tonight. Absolutely stellar. ~Muir

I shot it at 1000 yards tonight off of a bipod. In an 8mph cross wind with no zero I got on with 5 shots and rang a 20" plate with the next five. This rifle shoots. The remarkable aspect is that I never lost sight of the target during recoil. The recoil is straight rearward.~Muir

So ... are we to understand you do not have plans to swap out that stock for a piece of nicely figured walnut?

Back