New Leica HD-Bs

cjs66

Ok, I'm stumped!

Can anyone with a pair of the new Geovid HD-B's tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've got them set up, I think, in yards (US), ballistic program no 4, for 22 250, zero range 200 yards and holdover in the last menu.

I'm getting the range readout ok when I ping something but, no matter what the distance I am ranging I'm not getting a holdover value. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I've tried putting the data onto the sd card. Things are pretty easy until I've looked for the data on the card and there's nothing there. I'll add that I'm a Mac book user but I would of thought the software would be compatible…

Anyone any ideas?

Regards. cjs

Ok, I'm stumped!

Can anyone with a pair of the new Geovid HD-B's tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've got them set up, I think, in yards (US), ballistic program no 4, for 22 250, zero range 200 yards and holdover in the last menu.

I'm getting the range readout ok when I ping something but, no matter what the distance I am ranging I'm not getting a holdover value. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I've tried putting the data onto the sd card. Things are pretty easy until I've looked for the data on the card and there's nothing there. I'll add that I'm a Mac book user but I would of thought the software would be compatible…

Anyone any ideas?

Regards. cjs

on the last menu, what does it say in the display when you are choosing holdover?

Change your folder settings on your laptop so you can see hidden files, the file on the sd card is a .hex file and, certainly on my laptop, was a hidden file... Just because you can't see it on your laptop doesn't necessaril mean it's not there! That being said, it could possibly be the OS.. my windows 10 laptop wouldn't write the file to the card, I had to do it on my windows 8.1 desktop!?!?!?

Hi Vipa..

When selecting holdover in the Abc menu it just displays HOLD, then disappears..

As for the data on the card, when it's in the bins there's no card option to choose, as well as it showing nothing on the hex file on my laptop.

I'm right in thinking it should tell me the holdover for a given range when using the built in curves?

Technology eh!

cjs

Hi Vipa..

When selecting holdover in the Abc menu it just displays HOLD, then disappears..

As for the data on the card, when it's in the bins there's no card option to choose, as well as it showing nothing on the hex file on my laptop.

I'm right in thinking it should tell me the holdover for a given range when using the built in curves?

Technology eh!

cjs

Yes, it should.... didn't know whether you were choosing ehr in error..

if there was a hex file on the card, you would get the option of selecting 'CARD' in fact it's the first thing that comes up! Try using a different computer or.. can you boot your MacBook up in windows mode? Also, try reformatting the card before you save the file to it... seem to remember having that issue too!

Try going through the menu selections again, selecting each one even if it's already what you want... also, remember to press the main 'select' button when you get to HOld, don't just accept it and let it switch off.. if you do that you haven't selected anything

Last edited:
:oops: Nice one Vipa.. Thats the holdover sorted, I mustn't of selected the HOLD option and just let it go off..

Thanks for that, I'll try on another laptop for the sd card and let you know…

BTW, what a lovely bit of glass..

I've had Minox for a few year, and for the money, they were quite good, but I was loosing light in the bins long before my HT Zeiss scope.

I recently bought a Nikon rangefinder off a nice chap on here. Never really thought of one as a must have bit of kit, but hey, once you use one, your converted. Well I was.

And when Uttings knocked £200 off the Leica's I thought, go for it.

:thumb: cjs

PS Don't tell her indoors the price of them…

Last edited:
:oops: Nice one Vipa.. Thats the holdover sorted, I mustn't of selected the HOLD option and just let it go off..

Thanks for that, I'll try on another laptop for the sd card and let you know…

BTW, what a lovely bit of glass..

I've had Minox for a few year, and for the money, they were quite good, but I was loosing light in the bins long before my HT Zeiss scope.

I recently bought a Nikon rangefinder off a nice chap on here. Never really thought of one as a must have bit of kit, but hey, once you use one, your converted. Well I was.

And when Uttings knocked £200 off the Leica's I thought, go for it.

:thumb: cjs

PS Don't tell her indoors the price of them…

haha... yeah... that cat left the bag at the CLA game fair while I was having a chinwag with the boys from Leica!! I knew there was a reason you weren't supposed to take the wife to such gatherings!!!

Try re-fomatting the card first.. that may well sort it.. make sure you format it to FAT32 though

If you are really struggling.. pop round for a coffee (or beer!) and we'll get it sorted... you are only just up the road :thumb:

haha... yeah... that cat left the bag at the CLA game fair while I was having a chinwag with the boys from Leica!! I knew there was a reason you weren't supposed to take the wife to such gatherings!!!

Try re-fomatting the card first.. that may well sort it.. make sure you format it to FAT32 though

If you are really struggling.. pop round for a coffee (or beer!) and we'll get it sorted... you are only just up the road :thumb:

Jack pot!

Thanks for the help Vipa, after the card format (quick look on youtube to see how it's done) we are up and running..

Thanks again.. cjs

Back