suitable bullets for Oryx

tusker

Hi chaps, i will be off to Namibia next year the largesr animal we will be hunting will be Oryx. rifles used will be 270 win. and 30-06.
i was thinking 150 grn for the 270 and 165 grn for 30-06. Anyone with experience any opinions.
Thanks, Tusker

Barnes TTXs performs perfectly, drills through bone and heavy muscle like a hot knife through butter, have always used them on my trips to Africa. deerwarden

For animals with tough hides and large bones, I like the Swift A-Frame and Trophy Bonded bullets. They open like the Partition, but retain 90% weight. Those of us who mostly hunt soft-skinned and smaller game like deer, sheep and antelope, we don't get to use these much, but I have been impressed with the 180-gr from the .30-06.

Hi chaps, i will be off to Namibia next year the largesr animal we will be hunting will be Oryx. rifles used will be 270 win. and 30-06.
i was thinking 150 grn for the 270 and 165 grn for 30-06. Anyone with experience any opinions.
Thanks, Tusker

180g Hornady Interbond in the 30-06. Or any other 'premium' bonded bullet. Don't expect them to exit.

-JMS

Some of you may or may not know, but Oryx and Ibex were transplanted to an area of New Mexico (US) many decades ago and have become so numerous that the military -who controls the area- allows permitted shooting. My old partner, T.B. Cost dropped an Oryx with a heat treated, 196 grain cast bullet at about 90 yards from his 30-06. In that perspective, any decent hunting bullet should work.~Muir

Back