A History of Safari

The Mole

A heads-up for anyone who might be interested - BBC4 is showing a documentary at 9pm tonight (that's 2100 Stu :D) about the history of the safari industry in eastern Africa. Don't know what it's going to be like but might be interesting. Suspect it will be a lot of 'wasn't this awful but at least we only take pictures of the nice animals these days' :rolleyes:

Followed at 1030 by the film The Ghost and the Darkness, but if you are a fan of Patterson's The Man-eaters of Tsavo (which it's supposedly based on) be warned that it takes some astonishing liberties with the original story.

A heads-up for anyone who might be interested - BBC4 is showing a documentary at 9pm tonight (that's 2100 Stu :D) about the history of the safari industry in eastern Africa. Don't know what it's going to be like but might be interesting. Suspect it will be a lot of 'wasn't this awful but at least we only take pictures of the nice animals these days' :rolleyes:

Followed at 1030 by the film The Ghost and the Darkness, but if you are a fan of Patterson's The Man-eaters of Tsavo (which it's supposedly based on) be warned that it takes some astonishing liberties with the original story.

Some real poetic Licence on that one! :rolleyes: But pretty good all the same

Thanks for the heads up, didnt see the afrika programe, wish I had now:doh:

Sam

I thought it was pretty good, Mr Grant certainly didn't try to put a negative spin on it and was trying to put the conservation words into the PH's mouth at the end. Good camera work and a few trophies I would happily put on my wall. Has anyone experienced the rampant sh**ging that apparently goes with hunting in Africa? I didn't notice any of that on my trips!

No doubt on BBC iplayer for anyone who missed it and has fast enough broadband to watch it (unlike me).

Eric

Back