Home loading course?

Its something Id be interested in doing too seeing as I'm just starting out with reloading. Not too far from you either OP

An excellent idea, I've been reloading for nearly 3 years now and i was shown the basics of how it is done but not everything and that was down to reading on Stalking Directory, You Tube etc etc and working my loads up till i got them perfect for my rifle and it was a bit of a slog to start off with as the guy i used to go out with said to me that he had a cracking load for his rifle and i should have a look at it, Well i had already been through his loads and it did not take to my rifle, all trial and error but as long as i stuck between the Min and the Max of powder loads i have never had any serious probs. We are always taking in information and i would have liked to pay a wee visit but it's just too far a jaunt for me But Do go and spend time watching but more importantly give it a go and you could save a bit of cash along the way. OOps nearly forgot Keep an eye out for some cracking deals On Here as i picked up a cracking scale and once used brass.

Hi I'm no expert but I've been safely reloading for twenty plus years , an old friend who is no longer with us showed me the basics and it stood me in good stead so I would be quite happy to pass on some basic reloading to anybody who is local to me if they are struggling .:tiphat:

best regards
dully1963

Another thing also is once you get a load and bullet that your rifle shoots well with is stick with it,I had a young lad up from Sparsholt doing work experience he started loading for his .243 had a load bullet combination that shot really well but instead of being content with it he kept buggering around and in the end blew his barrel,a shame as it was a brand new sako which he then couldn't afford to replace the barrel on.

Just watch you tube. Some good videos there. Find the Sierra one, its an hour long but very informative.

Even with a course you won't be able to use home loads for DMQ or on FC leases?

What makes you think that CJ? I've not heard of that,a lot of guys I know used home loads for DMQ and I use them also on a FC lease.

Thanks everyone. Will look into things in more detail and post what I come up with.
offers of help are really appreciated. One kind member coming over to get me started. Another great example of why SD is so valuable, especially for us newbies. L

Hi I'm no expert but I've been safely reloading for twenty plus years , an old friend who is no longer with us showed me the basics and it stood me in good stead so I would be quite happy to pass on some basic reloading to anybody who is local to me if they are struggling .:tiphat:

best regards
dully1963

That's very kind of you also and I will also take you up on your offer when I get a bit of spare time. Ok to PM you to arrange?

I would also like to thank a certain member for offering to come and show me the way with reloading. :)

What makes you think that CJ? I've not heard of that,a lot of guys I know used home loads for DMQ and I use them also on a FC lease.

I think cjm1066 is correct. The FC (and possibly others) may have had a rule about homeloads for some time but they are now starting to try and enforce it. It would be good to have a course that would allow you to use your own loads on such leases?

Back