Visit to Eaton Hall Deer Park Nr Chester with BDS NWE Branch, 10th Oct

NickJ

THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL. If you would like to register an interest in a visit next year please drop me a PM.

We have a couple of places left on Saturday October 10th to visit Eaton Hall Deer Park, Grosvenor Estates, Cheshire.

The visit is a tour of the Duke of Westminster's private deer park with the deer keeper. To include viewing of the herd during the rut, larder facilities and the equipment the 'keeper uses in the management of the deer. Followed by lunch at a pub nearby for those who wish to do so.

£5 for BDS members and £8 for non members for branch funds.

Please PM me if interested.

Many thanks
Nick Jackson

Last edited:
Sounds a great trip Nick!

Hi NickM
I hope so, as you probably know it's not open to the public so is a rare chance to see the herd behind the scenes.
Hope you are well, sorry to miss you at the inter-branch range day.

THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL. If you would like to register an interest in a visit next year please drop me a PM.

Yes, great day and really informative. Thanks to everyone involved in arranging it and a big thank you to the staff at Eaton Hall for putting it on.

I unfortunately suffered a double whammy & was unable to attend, medico's changed out my Piroxicam for gout attacks, for some sh*te called colchicine, stuff just bounced off my gout, I will be having words with the dope in the surgery,this next fortnight, moral of story, If it ain't broke why try to fix it, I reckon these people are trying to put one up on the last type that treated you. Lucky for me I found some remaining Piroxicam in the motor. But on the lighter side, the dogs thought it was hilarious, me moving from bed to loo on hands & knees, & She's off the xmas card list, She thought it was funny buying me a couple bottles of "Tanglefoot":doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I unfortunately suffered a double whammy & was unable to attend, medico's changed out my Piroxicam for gout attacks, for some sh*te called cochineal, stuff just bounced off my gout, I will be having words with the dope in the surgery,this next fortnight, moral of story, If it ain't broke why try to fix it, I reckon these people are trying to put one up on the last type that treated you. Lucky for me I found some remaining Piroxicam in the motor. But on the lighter side, the dogs thought it was hilarious, me moving from bed to loo on hands & knees, & She's off the xmas card list, She thought it was funny buying me a couple bottles of "Tanglefoot":doh:

Sorry you didn't make it. It is always nice to put a face to names.

Last edited:
Yes a very enjoyable day, on a truly beautiful estate. Many thanks to North West BDS for organising, and to Eaton Hall for having us.:thumb:

Back