Ultra sonic cleaner

RPA.260

Just a question, the media in my tumbler is getting to a point it needs changing and to be quite frank I get bored of cleaning out primer flash holes after each cleaning session before annealing and sizing then again to clean any lube off. So will a ultra sonic cleaner allow me to do away with the tumbling process altogether?

Sadly a lot of people think stainless media is the bees knees,

Well,I like my 3 litre ultrasonic cleaner it takes 2 x 30 min cycles with 100 brass in it and it comes out very very clean, I admit it does not have that all fresh level finish that brass does after being polished by hundreds of tiny media bits,

But the brass is clean,serviceable and as good as you need it to be to function correctly in any shooting disapline, it would not pass a anal brass inspectors inspection but who cares, it works and works well enough for me to have ditched the tumbler years ago.

The above statement is mine and mine alone, if you want to blow your own trumpet about your own findings,

CRACK ON,

bob.

Last edited:
Polished cases do nothing for performance. US cleaning does as bobjs states: Makes it clean as a whistle but not polished. It especially cleans primer pockets: the most hated job in reloading!

US all the time.~Muir

+1 K. the only thing that will do that... inside and out and clean your primer pockets at the same time is wet stainless tumbling.. wouldn't use anything else now!!!

i did have one
it did make them shiney but it was a pain in the preverbial to sift all the media out and then I had a couple of scenarios where two pieces combined were the same diameter as either a neck or a primer pocket
also had media stuck inside .222 cases

switched back to US now

Speak to mark, 1967spud on here.. The rebel 17 is the better by far of the 2 commonly available.. £200-250 ish

mine comes out as new but its a pain drying them as I wait for 100 yer I know I should have gone for pins but ha ho ! so i'v gone back to tumbling mine old school I use the ultra sound now for deep bolt or mod cleaning :eek:

mine comes out as new but its a pain drying them as I wait for 100 yer I know I should have gone for pins but ha ho ! so i'v gone back to tumbling mine old school I use the ultra sound now for deep bolt or mod cleaning :eek:

Fantastic addition to kit... food dehydrator from Lakeland £49.. will dry 150 .308 cases or probably more completely, inside and out, in an hour or less without no mess or over heating them... AND... you can use it for food too!!!

i did have one
it did make them shiney but it was a pain in the preverbial to sift all the media out and then I had a couple of scenarios where two pieces combined were the same diameter as either a neck or a primer pocket
also had media stuck inside .222 cases

switched back to US now

If you leave the tumbler full of water and pull the cases out, inverting them whilst still under water, the pins run out like fluid... as soon as the case leaves the water, surface tension takes over and the pins stick to the walls of the case... Makes separating the cases and media an absolute breeze... I have never had any pins left in although I did have a couple stuck across the necks of 6.5mm cases before they shortened them to ensure it didn't happen!

That sound good burgers and brass hmmmm :rofl: been use's an old kettle with clean de'water to heat them up and wash off the gear then place them on a peg board then use my comp'airgun to blow them out just one of the jobs i hate doing lol, but they do come out as new also my lyman will only run for 4min and its a pain keep going back to turn it on !
thanks for tip :thumb:

Fantastic addition to kit... food dehydrator from Lakeland £49.. will dry 150 .308 cases or probably more completely, inside and out, in an hour or less without no mess or over heating them... AND... you can use it for food too!!!

Back