Immigrants/Refugees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade8mm

After an initial wave of sympathy it now seems that Europe is now taking-up an increased "protectionist" stand.

(Based on the news today)

This, in spite of Europe denying Cameron's "quota" proposals.

Do forum members see this as a step forward?

Refugees go home, after.

Migrants come from Denmark and Germany and call them themselves English.

Us Celts call them Immigrants.

Stan

Refugees go home, after.

Migrants come from Denmark and Germany and call them themselves English.

Us Celts call them Immigrants.

Stan

500 word reply deleted and now replaced with this simple message: "you must clearly be writing that because you simply don't know better"!

Last edited:
After an initial wave of sympathy it now seems that Europe is now taking-up an increased "protectionist" stand.

(Based on the news today)

This, in spite of Europe denying Cameron's "quota" proposals.

Do forum members see this as a step forward?

Its a very short term reactionary approach. The first is not to sign onto this. http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49da0e466.html

Then the Government has no obligation to do anything. Like Indonesia allowing refugees to pass through and onto Australia.

So Japan that has 180 million people accepted 11 asylum seekers last year and introducing further measures. Imagine how many north Koreans could just come by boat to Japan and seek genuine asylum from a dictatorship? Well that could easily be a few million but hey the Japanese are putting in measures reducing their less than 12 intake.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/09/15/japan-sets-out-extra-curbs-asylum-seekers

In my opinion, and those of a lot of others, a very large percentage of these people are economic migrants who are looking to Europe to give them a far better standard of living than they currently have. Many have disposed of their true identification and are claiming to be from Syria as they believe that they will be more sympathetically delt with. A good number are undoubtedly genuine refugees fleeing a war torn country.

The top destinations for many of these people seem to be Germany and the UK. The open border policy the EU has, has undoubtedly contributed to the mass influx of immigrants heading our way. Fortunately this open door border policy is now beginning to be closed in countries such as Germany, Austria, Hungary etc in an effort to stem the tide of these people.

One thing is for sure, there are millions of people who would migrate to a country like ours if given the opportunity. But that doesn't mean we should take them..... I am sure that most of the population of the third world countries would move here if given the chance!

It looks like we can't currently stop anyone coming into the UK waving an EU passport. But it's about time we became far stricter on letting anybody else in. If you arrive here illegally , ie in the back of a lorry, then you have illegally entered our country and should be locked up in a detention centre until deportation... If we have to staff our ports, or Calais for that matter, with our armed forces who's job it is to search lorries etc for stow away's then so be it.

But these people should not be immediately housed by councils and given a vast array of benefits and access to our health service/schools etc with little possibility of deportation which alas, is currently the case. After all, this is the reason why we have such a problem with immigration here to start with.

We are currently the soft touch of Europe and the migrants (Europeans included) know it! It's about time the Government, no longer shackled to the Liberals, stopped making excuses and started acting to close the door.

It is a shocking fact that with the current rate of immigration and childbirth, that it is predicted that the overall majority religion in this country within the next 60 years will be Muslim. Thank the last Labour Government for throwing open our doors to mass immigration and this current government for being too gutless to do anything about it.

Last edited:
Less people higher more resources per person. Population growth is not discssed in the middle east or Africa like it was in China. Just saying.

I'm curious: every now and then an SD member announces that they've had enough of of the UK for various reasons, and heads of to Australia or New Zealand (usually).

They are almost always given a warm send off, and are accompanied by a lot of wailing about how things are going to the dogs here. Yet we have plenty to eat and are in no risk of being bombed raped or tortured by our own government.

So could someone explain to me the difference between Brits emigrating to the Antipodes in search of better opportunities for themselves and Syrians fleeing a devastating war? Clearly one is an economic opportunist and the other a desperate refugee, but I'm confused about which.

Oh wait - the Syrians tend to be brown and worship a different god. Dead giveaway...

I'm curious: every now and then an SD member announces that they've had enough of of the UK for various reasons, and heads of to Australia or New Zealand (usually).

They are almost always given a warm send off, and are accompanied by a lot of wailing about how things are going to the dogs here. Yet we have plenty to eat and are in no risk of being bombed raped or tortured by our own government.

So could someone explain to me the difference between Brits emigrating to the Antipodes in search of better opportunities for themselves and Syrians fleeing a devastating war? Clearly one is an economic opportunist and the other a desperate refugee, but I'm confused about which.

Oh wait - the Syrians tend to be brown and worship a different god. Dead giveaway...

Hell of a difference when their god says if the infidels do not bow down to me,Kill them.If they wear a short skirt,Kill them.If they drink alcohol ,Kill them.If they draw funny pictures of Mohamed or Allah,Kill them.Do you get the recurring theme here.

Last edited:

No need to be confused when you move the aus or Canada or the like there's a points system where you need a trade / skill that shows you can contribute to the system there , still I'm sure it's all going to be fine I bet every single one of the Syrian / other migrants is a doctor or engineer :) happy days

It was likely that a migration on this sort of scale was going to happen - in fact you would have to have been away on a desert island not to have predicted this as a probability. So what happened to pre-planning as there has been for bird- flu, and other major events. The point here was to NOT allow it to happen in the first place and by allowing the migration, to then change view, is the worst possible approach.
Keep them safe in their own country whoever they are. The EU should have established 'safe zones' and taken true asylum seekers from those safe zones, if they felt obligated, in my mind. Then they should have taken out all the people traffickers as summary executions. Its not about the fact that these people are black or green,its just the sheer numbers, their effect on 'European economics' and who might be amongst them. You simply cant personalise it as most are just looking for food, safety and some certainty in life and a reliable education for their children.
Its a good job we dont have a left leaning government, even if the one we have is poor.

Mungo, as someone who has just left the UK to go to NZ, solely for family reasons, here are some facts,
you need the following.
A sponsor earning over $100,000 or $500,000 in cash, a trade that cannot be filled by a local, you must pass a medical, police vetting and pay a fee to NZ immigration, and guess what you get no benifits, strangely no one asked my religion or colour
As to Syrians fleeing a war, you have to feel sorry for the women and children, but all those young men, how many are from Syria ?

Dead bloody wrong Pal. You have to be qualified with a special skill and sponsored by a Company or potential spouse or a loaded to the tune of several $M. A bit like getting a citizenship in Monte Carlo. Even with the qualifications I've had plenty of Scottish mates wait up to 10 years while I've seen que jumpers get in via boats with no skills, no identification, claiming asylum from Afghanistan (turns out they are fraudsters from Pakistan).

The orderly immigration system is setup to make sure the people aren't going to be a security risk, or freeload off the welfare system.

"The orderly immigration system is setup to make sure the people aren't going to be a security risk, or freeload off the welfare system."

Even when you can prove that you are only retiring, have no criminal record (never been caught ;) ) and have the income to prevent being ANY type of burden on the local system, in any way, shape or form, it takes, seemingly, for ever and you feel like a fourth class citizen in the mean time. The people of Scotland have welcomed me with open arms and help in more ways I though possible, but the Home Office moves slower that molasses flowing up-hill, at mid-night, in the middle of winter, at the North Pole. In the mean time, I get to spend all of my retirement monies here in the Highlands of Scotland. Permanent Holiday, what could be better? :D

One can only :D because crying does no good at all.

no-body has yet to answer the questions where they will put 40, 50, 100000 refugees when affordable housing is already at an all time low.

or why when there are approximately 12, warmer, cheaper, non aggressive countries you have to pass through when heading west between Syria and the UK...who the hell would keep coming and risk another dodgy, boat, truck or tunnel journey to come here!?!??

Seems half the people here are dreaming of warmer climes and waiting to leave and the other half don't want to let anyone in.

My local post office is run and I assume owned by a Syrian family
if 1/10th of the refugees work as hard and as well as they do we could do with some more and maybe put them on the local council!

No need to be confused when you move the aus or Canada or the like there's a points system where you need a trade / skill that shows you can contribute to the system there , still I'm sure it's all going to be fine I bet every single one of the Syrian / other migrants is a doctor or engineer :) happy days
Yes, you need to be a skilled person and have a job to move to Canada or Australia or New Zealand, the last time one of my friends moved there. In fact, I think all of them required you to bring $250,000 cash if you were an artist, writer, or musician, as one of my gun writer friends had to do.

Most of those sneaking across the Mexican border into the USA are from Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, etc...much like the situation of those rushing into Europe.

A country that cannot control its primary definition, its borders, will soon lose its cultural identity and be conquered by invaders. These are not immigrants; they are invaders, and they say so.

When i moved to Swedenfrom the UK i had to show that i had money and would not be a burden on the Swedish state. Now we have EU beggars outside every store and suddenly the goverment say its a grey area about them staying in sweden. Wasn't a grey area when i moved here. Very black and white.

Sweden is taking in many more Syrians :rolleyes:, than the UK. But every time they interveiw one on the radio or Tv its Ali from Iraq, Pakistan, or Afganistan they are talking too.
A woman and her son were stabbed to death in Ikea by a immigrant who was to be sent back to Italy as he had permission to stay there. Earlier in the week a woman was taken hostage in Göteborg Airport by another immigrant who had been denied permission to stay in Sweden.
I can see bad thing happening in the future.

Last edited:
In my opinion, and those of a lot of others, a very large percentage of these people are economic migrants who are looking to Europe to give them a far better standard of living than they currently have. Many have disposed of their true identification and are claiming to be from Syria as they believe that they will be more sympathetically delt with.

I heard one on the French television news today being interviewed at the closed Hungarian border. his accent was that of someone from Pakistan not from Syria. If we are to accept these people as economoc migrants let us at least make sure that they have the wherewithal.

What concerns me, and this is fact, not pandering tp petty racism, is that are we now allowing in the parents of what will be (in amongst them all) the seeds of next generation of IS (or its successor) militants?

I do not have a problem with Syrian Christians.

But I do with further Muslim immigration of whatever race. Yet to express that is considered to be non-PC to be somehow "racist". It is not it is simply a wish not to see this country confronted with a cadre of people who by their very religion see themselves as apart and all others not of that religion as "kuffars".

And I would also "close the doors" on any immigration by white South Africans and further white Rhodesians if the situation in that region collapses. Indeed at the time of the "chicken run" or "white flight" from Rhodesia I wrote to my local MP expressing such an opinion.

Last edited:
It was likely that a migration on this sort of scale was going to happen - in fact you would have to have been away on a desert island not to have predicted this as a probability. So what happened to pre-planning as there has been for bird- flu, and other major events. The point here was to NOT allow it to happen in the first place and by allowing the migration, to then change view, is the worst possible approach.
Keep them safe in their own country whoever they are. The EU should have established 'safe zones' and taken true asylum seekers from those safe zones, if they felt obligated, in my mind. Then they should have taken out all the people traffickers as summary executions. Its not about the fact that these people are black or green,its just the sheer numbers, their effect on 'European economics' and who might be amongst them. You simply cant personalise it as most are just looking for food, safety and some certainty in life and a reliable education for their children.
Its a good job we dont have a left leaning government, even if the one we have is poor.
Establishing safe zones would would have required "boots on the ground", something that after the Blair-Bush fiascos just about all governments have been **** scared to do. Don't forget that the British Parliament voted specifically against involvement in Syria. And we are one of the most 'active' members of the EU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back