Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyds Riflestocks

Boyds Riflestocks

Like many on here, I've been casting covetous eyes on a replacement stock on their website.
    The time has arrived when I am able to justify the purchase so I started the process last night.
    I was partway through the ordering process when I realised that there was something not quite as it was on my previous drooling visits.
    It took a few seconds to realise that Boyds have put up their prices. The Lightweight Thumbhole Stocks that were $100, so falling within the export threshold, are now $129.
    I will leave you to decide what I said next.......

Anyone got any idea if Boyds have a UK agent yet?
    I don't think so.
    If only I knew what Plan B was.

There are a couple of UK companies that seem to resell Boyds, but at £185 you're better off buying from the US!
    Sako 75 6.5x55 - Z6i 3-18x50. Sako 75 .308 Habicht 2.5-10x56. Beretta 690. Benelli M2.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

That was the original plan. Unfortunately the price increase means that is no longer an option so £185 is more bearable under those conditions.

I might be wrong but after UK import tax I don't think you save much on £185. Pretty sure South Yorkshire Shooting supplies do them.

Yes I got two last year and were £129 posted to me each

Bad luck! But lucky for me - ordered a stock from Boyds recently and it cleared UK customs this morning apparently! I've got one on an HMR and that came from South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies.

Thank you for the suggestion, gentlemen. I've just sent off an enquiry and am waiting with fingers crossed( which has no discernible effect on the quality of my typing��).

A very fast response from SYSS. Unfortunately... They only order one batch a year and that won't be in the foreseeable future.

now. What was Plan D???

Hi John have you tried each design in the stock you were after as the said to me that they have only put up certain ones

Quote Originally Posted by hairlesshunter View Post
    Yes I got two last year and were £129 posted to me each

Just received a one couple days ago and was £137.00 including delivery and tax.
    Have to do a bit of work on it as it does not sit quite right into inset around the trigger.
    Could really do with a Dremmel to take away some of the wood but will just pick away with small sharp wood chisel as its not that much. I have also found that the bolt that goes through the trigger guard to the action is not long enough but maybe it will be when I get the action seated correctly. If not will have to look for a longer bolt