Boyds Riflestocks

JohnT

Like many on here, I've been casting covetous eyes on a replacement stock on their website.
The time has arrived when I am able to justify the purchase so I started the process last night.
I was partway through the ordering process when I realised that there was something not quite as it was on my previous drooling visits.
It took a few seconds to realise that Boyds have put up their prices. The Lightweight Thumbhole Stocks that were $100, so falling within the export threshold, are now $129.
I will leave you to decide what I said next.......

Anyone got any idea if Boyds have a UK agent yet?
I don't think so.
If only I knew what Plan B was.

That was the original plan. Unfortunately the price increase means that is no longer an option so £185 is more bearable under those conditions.

I might be wrong but after UK import tax I don't think you save much on £185. Pretty sure South Yorkshire Shooting supplies do them.

Bad luck! But lucky for me - ordered a stock from Boyds recently and it cleared UK customs this morning apparently! I've got one on an HMR and that came from South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies.

Thank you for the suggestion, gentlemen. I've just sent off an enquiry and am waiting with fingers crossed( which has no discernible effect on the quality of my typing).

Bottoms.....!
A very fast response from SYSS. Unfortunately... They only order one batch a year and that won't be in the foreseeable future.

now. What was Plan D???

Hi John have you tried each design in the stock you were after as the said to me that they have only put up certain ones

Yes I got two last year and were £129 posted to me each

Just received a one couple days ago and was £137.00 including delivery and tax.
Have to do a bit of work on it as it does not sit quite right into inset around the trigger.
Could really do with a Dremmel to take away some of the wood but will just pick away with small sharp wood chisel as its not that much. I have also found that the bolt that goes through the trigger guard to the action is not long enough but maybe it will be when I get the action seated correctly. If not will have to look for a longer bolt

HH

It seems that the one I want has been increased. Don't know about the other models.

This is Herschatz's Law of Inverse Causality in operation :(

Thanks for the thought, though.

I haven't been on their site for a few weeks so don't know when the price went up.

hogey, when did you order yours, was it still at $100 ?

hh, thanks for that, I've sent them an e- mail just in case, but it is advertised at $129. Time will tell.

Boyds has just replied to my e-mail and confirmed the price increase. They have also said that they deal through/with Edgar Bros. and Sportsmanship Gun Centre and to try them.
I'll give it a go.

Just received a one couple days ago and was £137.00 including delivery and tax.
Have to do a bit of work on it as it does not sit quite right into inset around the trigger.
Could really do with a Dremmel to take away some of the wood but will just pick away with small sharp wood chisel as its not that much. I have also found that the bolt that goes through the trigger guard to the action is not long enough but maybe it will be when I get the action seated correctly. If not will have to look for a longer bolt
Hi mate, I have 2 Boyds stocks, you would do well to get or borrow a dremel. I used a dremel and I would not wnt to risk any other tool.
Tusker

I haven't been on their site for a few weeks so don't know when the price went up.

hogey, when did you order yours, was it still at $100 ?

hh, thanks for that, I've sent them an e- mail just in case, but it is advertised at $129. Time will tell.

I ordered mine 5 weeks ago

Boyds has just replied to my e-mail and confirmed the price increase. They have also said that they deal through/with Edgar Bros. and Sportsmanship Gun Centre and to try them.
I'll give it a go.
They said that they had sent me a list of how they deal with in the UK .I said thank you but they will probably charged me another £75 for the privilege .bodys funnilly never got back to me after that

I used a sharp Opinel to open up the CZ American stock to fit a Varmint barrel :D
I finished with various sandpaper and looks perfectly fine now.

Very pleased with the stock. It's cheap enough not to care about dings and scratches on the Polaris.

Received mine yesterday (for my Tikka) and as with my rimfire one the fit was perfect, just a couple of burrs to remove from the barrel channel. Cracking stocks for the money. Wonder why Boyds won't ship over $100. Is it a legal US export restriction or some fear of card fraud?

apparently if it costs over $100 you have to have some sort of import licencse at a cost of £250,so i was told, but on another thread i started it tells you where you can get them in the uk

Back