Vacancy: FC Trainee Ranger Posts.

It's not impossible !young lad from my way just got a position beating over 200 applicants you don't have to be mr deer to get a position with the FC as he proved ....he shot straight and didn't ******** the interview panel !!
Norma

That job has been out a few weeks now. Problem is filling out all the forms online.

It is extremely difficult to fill out the FC online forms especially for the first time and especially if you don't have reliable superfast broadband.

The top tip is to do a bluff one first, that way you get to see each question, make a note of it, put some random characters in the box to allow you to move to the next question and make a note of that too. Do this till you have seen all the questions then cancel the application.

Now relax, have a whisky and try to regain the will to live.

Next carefully prepare the real answers in a word document offline and, when you are happy with them, start a completely new application and cut and paste the answers into the boxes.

As long as you are an expert wordsmith and an IT wizzard you should be fine!

Sounds like you have missed your vocation in life Glyn? You're quite obviously a computer geek!

Sounds like you have missed your vocation in life Glyn? You're quite obviously a computer geek!

Born out of nessesity! Once you've mastered an FC application and want to face a real challenge you can take on an SNH one! If you are really lucky you might get to do an online phsycobabble test!

I started to fill in the online form couple weeks ago when seen it advertised on LinkedIn, just rapidly jacked on it
but that is a good tip there glyn.

matt

When you're applying for FC jobs, you need to understand the forms before you can answer the questions properly. Each question relates to a point in the job description. You need to make sure that your answer relates to the point in the job description. It's all mumbo jumbo management speak, they are trying to apply one method of recruitment to all civil service jobs so your 'core skills' or whatever they call them need to match the requirements. The interviews are much the same process, they look at the job description and ask you for specific examples of how your experience meets the critea.

I started to fill in the online form couple weeks ago when seen it advertised on LinkedIn, just rapidly jacked on it
but that is a good tip there glyn.

matt

If you are genuinely interested then don't give up on it because this is a hell of a good opportunity for the right person.

Bearing in mind the state the country is in and the fact that most Govt' depts have a no money and a freeze on recruitment, I can't see too many more opportunities like this coming up any time soon.

Research the forest district and the issues it faces, look carefully at the job description and associated notes then see where your strengths and experience (which may well not have anything to do with wildlife) fit in. Use examples and have more examples in mind which you can expand upon if invited for interview.

This isn't a good, old school application process where you write a good letter, give good references then impress at an interview. It's modern HR where the process has become more important than the result. Google for information about how to fill in applications, keywords to use and not use etc.

Spot on Glyn.

A word of warning to anyone, wanting to get into the "trade". More and more people are using this type of, "core skill", selection process. Most Land Agents/Employers tend to google, "HR" and this is what they get. SNH, NE, FC and large Estates all use it.
It's actually quite a good method to use when applying for jobs, look at the job description, highlight the key elements and prepare answers for them.
I've never liked the whole, "me,me,me" answer thing, but that's what folk now want! They want examples of what YOU have done, so use a lot of ME and less WE.

Back