bramble gin

seibassman7

SWAMBO and I made a very successful batch of sloe gin last year and will be doing the same again shortly. Flushed with that success Karen has suggested a batch of bramble gin as well this year. There are a good crop of brambles around so sourcing ingrediants will be no problem.

However we do not have a recipt for bramble gin or know if it can be done. Has anyone tried this and if so can they share recipts, successes, pitfalls etc. we want them to be Christmas presents so need to get it as right as possible first time.

thanks in advance

SBM​

Exactly the same as Sloe gin,just substitute Blackberries for Sloe berries and when bottling add sugar to taste,my experience says the more sugar the better,very syrupy= sweet and moreish!!

Brambles and whiskey seem to go together better than the white spirits, same process and quantities, done now will be ready for Christmas.

Thanks for the replies guys, we will try some bramble whisky as a test this year for a proper batch as presants next years. SBM

Bramble whisky - 1lb brambles, 1bott whisky, 3oz sugar and a slighly squished almond. Leave until Christmas or so. Add more sugar then if necessary - depends on your taste and how sweet the brambles are.

Bottled September sunshine - yum.

Last edited:
Following my initial post we have made the following, Sloe Gin, Sloe Vodka, Blackberry whisky, Bramble Whisky and Blackberry Vodka. Apart from the Sloe Gin which we have made before the rest are tests and depending on results proper production will begin next year. 5 litres of experimentation which hopefully means a merry winter will be had.:D regards and thanks for the replies. SBM

Never leave your Blackberry's in the spirit for longer than 10 weeks and mix 50/50 with tart Apples for a Gin with good body.

with Brambles you can speed the Job up massively by making a basic jam out ot the fruit and sugar needs only 7 day to get it drinkable but as usual Leave it to mature for longer if you can

A method bu a friend of mine

Blackberry Brandy - Page 2

Oh Coffee vodka with Whole beans and Dark sugar is very nice to

Last edited:
I generally re-use the sloes, once you have finished with your preferred tipple. Add red wine with sugar into the sloe bottle let it soak in the same way and you will have a similarity to port to drink.

M

I generally re-use the sloes, once you have finished with your preferred tipple. Add red wine with sugar into the sloe bottle let it soak in the same way and you will have a similarity to port to drink.

M

I use the sloes to re infuse Cider to make Slider

I use the sloes to re infuse Cider to make Slider[/QUOT

+1 on slider . used to make all sorts of concoctions a thing of the past as I am now diabetic and need to be very careful with my sugar intake, natural sugars only no added sugar, so straight whisky only now.

Home made cherry brandy is very good, and after bottling, the cherries can be used. I removed the stones, melted dark chocolate and spread it onto a very lightly oiled tray to prevent sticking, then spread the brandy soaked cherries over the chocolate, next I melted milk chocolate and covered the cherries. Both very nice.

Back