petfect cocktail recipe

Mungo

Right then - to move away from political controversy and other such vexatious topics (blasers, head shooting, vmax etc eyc)...

I have recently discovered the joy that is a good martini. But I have yet to perfect a recipe that I think is just right.

So: what are people's recommendations for THE perfect cocktail.

And leave out the Bond gags...

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster!
url.jpg

Last edited:
Pour in the vermouth, swill it around so all the glass is coated then pour it away. The coating on the glass is the right amount. Then add gin at no warmer than -18c. Always use an interesting gin eg Plymouth (not Gordon's). Twist of lemon, spray the lemon oil over the martini as you twist. Serve in a frozen glass

Right then - to move away from political controversy and other such vexatious topics (blasers, head shooting, vmax etc eyc)...

I have recently discovered the joy that is a good martini. But I have yet to perfect a recipe that I think is just right.

So: what are people's recommendations for THE perfect cocktail.

And leave out the Bond gags...

6 ti 1 Sir, plan on trying the Vodka equivalent soon.

warm mug boiling water fill to within an inch of top place tetley tea bag on surface watch as it sinks ,sprinkle one teaspoon of sugar in then fill the remainder with semiskimmed milk and stir till it changes colour then remove the tea bag,blow gingerly once or twice then slurp and say aaggghhh!:love:

Hmm...

My head hurts just thinking about that.

Come on - someone must have passionately held views on the ratio of gin to vermouth in a martini!

I am am a big martini fan

Convention says 6:1
personally I would go 7-8:1
i prefer a Noilly Prat to a lighter brand

try Gin Mare. Spanish, full of olive and Rosemary notes

decent olives are a must
none of the tesco canned ****!
nice lemon peel twist also works wonders

If you want a really dry martini
pour and shake the bin measure and allow the sun to nine through the Vermouth bottle onto the glass to introduce the vermouth element

I am am a big martini fan

Convention says 6:1
personally I would go 7-8:1
i prefer a Noilly Prat to a lighter brand

Have to say, after much experimentation, I completely disagree with the recieved wisdom that the vermouth should be minimised.

My favourite at the moment actually goes the other way - 4 parts vermouth to one part gin (plus olives and angostura bitters).

The distinct advantage to this approach is the volume that can be consumed before rational thought and balance desert you...

I work in Brazil and the best drink of choice is a 'caipirinha'

Ingredients:
Whole lime cut into 4 wedges, 2 Teaspoons brown sugar, 1 2/3 oz Cachaça rum; crushed ice

Mash the lime to get the juice out; add sugar, generous on the rum, ice and stur whilst sipping with a short straw..

TOMSK

Back