Sauer 202 case

deerwarden

Which is the best case for my Sauer 202,a Peli 1700 or Storm iM3100, or have you bought, or seen something better for a 202. Seen pictures of a 202 taken down and in a case on the site, and looks great for traveling to S/Africe next year. Mates have the long Storm but getting them in a car at Jo-berg was a nightmare. Best price or does someone have one secondhand for sale.:rolleyes: deerwarden.

Cheers Harry, should have posted earlier but only just planning trip to Africa, ordered a Peli 1700 from States at £160.00, hopefully won't get hit too much on import and VAT, still cheaper than in U.K. Love my 202.;) deerwarden.

Jit Pack of Leighton Buzzard sell the Peli 1700 for £170.61 including postage.
Tel No 01525- 374412 - Sorry:oops:

I have mine in a Peli 1700 :)

Good choice :D
Saw Jit Pack price but its without vat and no foam and comes out at tad over £224.00, got my case today sailed thro no problems at all, anyone got pics on how to arrange cutouts, want to carry bins as well, cut once cut right. :lol: deerwarden

Last edited:
Hi deerwarden, I've got a brown plastic case it's the same as the link was posted for, At the moment my gun is at Boarder Barrels havinga new barrel fitted it should be back mid June so I can send you some photo's of the lay out if that helps,

I wouldn't put my Binos in the same box to go to Africa, carry them with you in by hand
Thanks Si

deer-fox appreciate any pics you have, one of those things, you cut it, then someone else has a better idea of layout. many thanks deerwarden:D

Here is mine:
Sauercase.jpg

WOW,
That is definitely the dogs danglies.
Can you confirm that the case is a Peli 1700 as I've been dithering for ages because of the price but that has decided me.
What did you use to cut the shape or are they pre-cut squares that you pick out as I have seen in some others.

It is a Peli 1700. I used a hot wire cutter which modellers use to cut polystyrene. Took a while to get the knack of the cutting, and I laid everything on paper, stencilled the outlines, cut them out, then pinned them to the foam prior to cutting, that way you can arrange everything nicely before cutting, and dont need to draw on the foam.

Definitely the dogs danglies and congratulations on your DIY skills.
If you are ever passing my area, fancy popping in and cutting out another:D:D

Well I finally bit the bullet and lashed out for a Peli1700:)
I got mine from 'Shootingshop' in Poole, he quoted £217.05 and would not budge at all, but at least I went, saw, picked it up, sniffed it and anything else I could think of before I paid. I probably opened and closed it about a dozen times and it still looked the same inside each time:lol:
I was surprised when I saw the sponge because on some web sites it is anything up to £60 and all it is, is three sheets of ordinary packing sponge. The idea is that the two outer layers remain intact and the middle sheet gets cut to the shape of the contents, quite simple really.
I see in this weeks Shooting Times the Sportsman are advertising the Storm 3100 for £205.00
Had I seen that first I would have been down there like a shot.
The Storm 3100 is identical to the Peli 1700 except for the 'Purge button' which is on the pelli.

Well Rarms you are a very clever fellow :) I knew I would not be very good at it, so got an exra two sheets of sponge.
Quite right, the first job was drawing an outline and after three attempts found I was not capable of even that :(
So I trawled the local packaging factory web site and found they do 'profile cutting' :D
So I contacted them.
They quoted £40 set up charge for tooling then £60 for cutting right through and for any that needed routing, ie for the spare barrel, then the price would go up to £70.:eek:
Sheets of sponge are £12 for the first one and subsequent sheets only £8 so I'll buy a couple more and keep practising :-|

If anyone is still after a genuine Sauer case I have one going spare....... its the lockable take down type, only snag is I don't have the keys, but I would imagine that this would be a simple job for a locksmith or worth asking Garlands if they can get them... this will be going in the classified section shortly, but as I'm new to here I need to post 10 times before I can do this, 1 down, 9 to go! (PS Loving the craftmanship demonstrated above rarms, good work!!)

Back