Feline buck

chimera

Would you believe some people think the chalk beast at Uffington is a white horse ? They claim it's just stylised art to have horns and beard and thick fetlocks on the hind legs. A quick look at the Beaufort yale at Windsor shows a goat front body on a lion hindquarters. A horned lion. They had one in Etruscan style, north Italy at 600 BC. A Chimera , which Bellerophon stalked on Pegasus his trained flying chimera-hound ...... er, horse around 700 BC. They had lions in Greece then so people knew what they were talking about at the Mycenae lion-gate. Ibex in the Alps were no joke either.

yes palmer, your icon is a bit horsey but who would say its shape must be a horse? An ibex-headed lion was probably the most dangerous beast the ancients could invent. Henry VII had it to win his battle.

yes palmer, your icon is a bit horsey but who would say its shape must be a horse? An ibex-headed lion was probably the most dangerous beast the ancients could invent. Henry VII had it to win his battle.
Think you've had too much of the falling down water (fosters) :lol:

There's one close to home. James I was gifted his unicorn by Jane Beaufort. It's an antelope with lion tail. A horse it never was. The swivelling horns allowed the rear horn to replace one damaged in battle. The Uffington beast still carries 2 horns probably due to the rear lion legs getting more rubber on the road.

Ribbon ? Unicorns have a chain and crown around the neck.
might just be a chain then,,,probably used the crown as its near an old toll road!! i think im on the wrong thread either that or ive lost the thread, not sure im going for a lie down in a dark room,my head hurts

Back