Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubber Bolt Knob.

Anyone who spends 25quid on a black rubber ball is being shafted. You might aswell bend over and put it in your mouth
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bQ4IbVTjL.jpg

ATB
    Mick
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." S.A.C.S. member!

SD Regular
    Noth Yorkshire(ish)....Other places in Scotland depending Which deer i'm after!
    Seriously guys.....if you have used one of these you'll appreciate what a difference they make.
    As bambislayer says....when you are boffing away at hinds in the winter and you are wearing gloves or your hands are getting numb with the cold...that bit of extra grab on the bolt is a godsend, and it aids faster reloads for any follow-up shots, and as a sniper it allows a reload with less movement (hence the 'tactical term).
    As for roedale being not too good...i can't comment as i have had no dealings with them, and these rubber jobbies are a tad pricey (hence my wading stick ferrule idea...a quid it cost).
    As i recall once being told, they were called uncle mikes pingpong......i don't know how correct this is and at the time i searched the net for them but to no avail.

Right......off to drill a golf ball and see if i can shove it on my knob!

They are a pretty common item on the Tikka M55. I have a picture of mine on the 'show us a pic of your favourite' rifle thread.
    25 Euro is too much, for my money, I would be buying one from North West Custom Parts, and sending it to Dasherman to be screw cut.

I'll ask up at my local gun shop what they cost. But it won't be this week though. Will post when i find the price. 25 Eurs do's seem OTT.

www.prokennel.se

SD Regular
    Jagare

That will be grearly appreciated! Look forward to hearing from you.

regards

steveM

I have seen a lot of knobs on the end of a bolt, but never a rubber one.

25 Euro your having a laugh.

You're actually all bananas.

Make one!!!!

Get a funky coloured powerball and core a undersized hole in it then using silicoln in the hole press the bolt knob into the hole and leave to cure. Funky coloured is way more custom cool than wow black rubber!!!

If you want rubber get a door stopper ball then use the same process!

I think there is a worrying trend starting here,.............................. next you'll be wanting a gas man's cape.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." S.A.C.S. member!

My mate was in the gun shop today and asked the price of the rubber nob ends. 100 SEK thats about 11 SEK to the pound. Not seen them myself but will try and pop to the gun shop this week.

SD Regular
    Keep us posted!

cheers

steve