Rubber Bolt Knob.

I fancy one of these myself!...my mate has one which was brought over from sweden ages ago
I have made do with a ferrule off a wading stick for the time being....ugly as f@@k but does the job!

:D:D:D:D, always makes me laugh out loud when something is touted as "Tactical", spose it might come in handy if I'd neglected to wash hands after greasing the Landrover!:lol:

these things are great

I brought one back from Sweden years ago, then sold it on with a rifle.

I haven't been able to find them over here.

Redneck

sounds a good idea!

just been on website and registered as a buyer........it works out at 35 euros to get one and have it shipped over!....a wee bit expensive for a bit of rubber?

what do you guys think.

Last edited:
While I can understand the use of such materials in very gold weather. We simply don't get that kind of weather here. Now have you honestly ever heard of someone freezing to the steel bolt knob/handle of their rifles in the UK?

The very cold is why bolt knobs and trigger guards were made of horn on quality rifles.

I have also heard some not too pleasent things about Roedale and as a result I would think very seriously before buying anything from them.

I have also heard some not too pleasent things about Roedale and as a result I would think very seriously before buying anything from them.

Once bitten, twice shy

I'll stay clear then.

When battering away at hinds, it fairly lets you grab the bolt handle quickly!!

Bit pricey for what it is though

Each to their own as they say, I prefer the super slick bit that has no bluing left on it, hard to imagine anything smoother & easier to articulate.

Seriously guys.....if you have used one of these you'll appreciate what a difference they make.
As bambislayer says....when you are boffing away at hinds in the winter and you are wearing gloves or your hands are getting numb with the cold...that bit of extra grab on the bolt is a godsend, and it aids faster reloads for any follow-up shots, and as a sniper it allows a reload with less movement (hence the 'tactical term).
As for roedale being not too good...i can't comment as i have had no dealings with them, and these rubber jobbies are a tad pricey (hence my wading stick ferrule idea...a quid it cost).
As i recall once being told, they were called uncle mikes pingpong....:-|..i don't know how correct this is and at the time i searched the net for them but to no avail.

Right......off to drill a golf ball and see if i can shove it on my knob!:D

They are a pretty common item on the Tikka M55. I have a picture of mine on the 'show us a pic of your favourite' rifle thread.
25 Euro is too much, for my money, I would be buying one from North West Custom Parts, and sending it to Dasherman to be screw cut.

You're actually all bananas. :doh:

Make one!!!! :eek:

Get a funky coloured powerball and core a undersized hole in it then using silicoln in the hole press the bolt knob into the hole and leave to cure. Funky coloured is way more custom cool than wow black rubber!!!

If you want rubber get a door stopper ball then use the same process! :D

My mate was in the gun shop today and asked the price of the rubber nob ends. 100 SEK thats about 11 SEK to the pound. Not seen them myself but will try and pop to the gun shop this week.

Back